Science & Engineering Shit

Isn’t there some period, after which, one has to go back into their office? Seems like it was at least 10 years.

I think you get one online renewal after an in-person renewal. I had to go in person last year, and my license expires in 2031. I imagine that I’m old enough now that I’ll have to go in person from here on out. That certainly ought to be the case; we shouldn’t be handing out no-questions-asked renewals to 75-year-olds.

One of the requirements to renew online is that you had to have renewed in person and had a new photograph the last time you renewed (you can only renew online once at a time). Which I did. So that’s not it. Did one of you clowns rat me out as being mentally unstable?

1 Like

They’re rounding up all the satellite dish users.

1 Like

First they came for the satellite users…

Was it not self evident?

I was going to remind you to take your hat off for the photo, but it’s indoors so…

Look at the people they’re sending us. Satellite users, people who wear hats indoors, Rangers fans…

4 Likes

I even went and got a haircut this week in preparation for a new photo. Damn.

Mystery solved.

3 Likes

Ha! Revenge is a dish not served on SWA flights.

3 Likes

There are 12 hands in the air.

If at first you don’t succeed (in shutting down the global internet)…

For those who don’t remember, in 2010, McAfee had a colossal glitch with Windows XP that took down a good part of the internet. The man who was McAfee’s CTO at that time is now the CEO of Crowdstrike. The McAfee incident cost the company so much they ended up selling to Intel.

https://x.com/anshelsag/status/1814426186933776846/history

1 Like

Shut down the internet once, shame on you…

This is something SWA should lean into.

2 Likes

“Gipsy’s analog.”

1 Like

55 years ago today:

8 Likes

I saw this one the other day:

“On this the 55th Anniversary of Apollo 11, let’s pay homage to the guy drinking a beer at 9:00 in the morning watching the launch. Remember, not all heroes wear capes.”

5 Likes

One of my favorites.

I still have the book (yall remember what those are, right) “Our Dumb Century” sitting around here on the living room table or elsewhere.

There’s 2 or a few favorites that stick with me.

1 Like

“Dolphins Evolve Opposable Thumbs. ‘Oh Shit, Says Humanity’”

“USA Finds Last Place on Earth Untouched by War: Blows it to Hell”

1 Like