Science & Engineering Shit

This is the coolest thing you’ll see today…or for quite a while.

6 Likes

The smile on his face.

Damn. Who is chopping onions around here?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty dusty right now.

This is cool

1 Like

I know where the dead trees and leaves are stacked up. If only someone, I’m looking at you Harris County, would come get them.

2 Likes

The Titan sub implosion hearing is underway, and there’s new information that has been released to the public. It seems that the failure point wasn’t the carbon fiber hull itself, but the join of the hull to the titanium ring onto which the forward dome was attached.

From newly released footage of the wreck (see vid below), the forward dome separated and was found intact, while the entire contents of the interior - including the occupants - imploded into the aft dome.

Wasn’t that always the suspected cause: the connection between disparate materials?

2 Likes

That’s always been high on the list of possibilities. In fact, joining carbon fiber / resin to titanium is particularly problematic and is generally viewed as “forbidden” in design. Stockton Rush is recorded bragging how he used the “forbidden” design because he was such a badass rule-breaker.

Fuck that piece of shit.

2 Likes

His arrogance sunk his efforts eventually :man_shrugging:t3:

Not his alone, unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorta is, he fired anyone that dared to disagree with him.

I was referring to his arrogance sinking his passengers efforts to continue to live.

1 Like

To me, the only truly sympathetic character on that voyage was the kid who went only to appease his Dad.

5 Likes