Science & Engineering Shit

Too Many Popes

1 Like

No phone service. Solar Flares or what?

What’s being portrayed on this map?

Where most of the outages are occuring.

Apparently it’s ATT only

So glad I switched to Verizon, I’ve had no complaints, get great coverage everywhere and their customer service, at least at the store in Marble Falls, is excellent.

Apparently a wise move. I came so close to switching a couple of months ago. Now regretting it.

What about when this happens to Verizon…are you still glad you switched?

From what I read, the outages are/were spread out among the major carriers, but ATT was the biggest culprit.

1 Like

Yes. ATT’s coverage around here sucked, so did their customer service.

If that happens, it will be unacceptable as well.

It’s mostly AT&T. Other carriers are somewhat affected because of the sharing the big carriers do behind the scenes.

Low confidence guess as to what is going on: the carriers are all making massive foundational technology changes internally (like shutting down core landline service) and, whenever there is big change like that, the chances for a large outage increase significantly.

2 Likes

Verizon had a major nationwide outage just last summer. My point being that problems can potentially impact any supplier of services be that cell phones, internet, cable TV, widgets, what have you. Not that it’s “acceptable”, but it’s human nature to say “see, it didn’t happen to me, those guys suck” when it happens to Ford and you’re a Chevy man.

1 Like

You’re right, and my post was more of an aside. Now T-Mobile, those guys can burn in hell.

I have a GMC and a Ford, so I don’t discriminate there.

My granddaddy drove a Chevy, my daddy drove a Chevy, and gosh darn blast it, I’m gonna drive a Chevy.

1 Like

My only complaint about my 2012 F250 is the weakass body metal. You can probably sneeze on it and make a dent.

Are all new trucks like this? The 2002 GMC HD could probably get hit with a hammer and maybe leave a scratch.

I don’t know. I bought a brand new Silverado 1500 LTZ “Texas Edition” in 2013, and two weeks after I got it, we had a hail storm. The hood looked like a golf ball. It still does, as I never had it repaired. Other than that, I love my truck. I really don’t want a new one, though I suppose someday I’m going to have to get one.

Yeah, I’m not ready to bite that bullet (or 90K of them) yet, but I have been thinking about trucks recently.

I love having a truck for when you need one, but lately I’ve been thinking it’s just too much for everyday driving. I’m seriously considering just buying a stripped down base model for truck stuff and a car for everyday. It would probably still be cheaper than a new truck with all the trimmings.