Science & Engineering Shit

This situation is very much the opening scene of a James Bond movie.

1 Like

Elvis needs submarines.

1 Like

Can’t believe nobody’s said it yet.

“Sergei, Are you telling me you’ve lost ANOTHER submarine?”

5 Likes

Andrei, but well done anyway.

2 Likes

Elvis is everywhere

2 Likes

There’s a candidate who looks just like him.

Smelvis

Dude does some batshit crazy stuff and gives me unsettling “unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn” vibes, but his videos are fun as hell to watch. Another couple of highlights include setting the inside of a truck on fire with a laser from about 100 yards away and casually intercepting four tornadoes at extremely close range in one day by himself. A true renaissance man.

He’d better hope he’s a renaissance man, because there’s a decent chance he’s going to have to be reborn after one of those stunts.

2 Likes

Ape not kill ape.

Do you like black holes? Get your black hole fix for the day right here. Largest ever discovered, thanks to the Aussies.

Laymans press (with appropriately click-baitish title):
https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/monster-black-hole-devouring-one-sun-every-day

Scientific Paper (created a link with embeded sharing token so you don’t have to pay for the paper):
Link to paper

Artist rendering:

Actual picture:

5 Likes

Black holes are imperfections in the firmament caused by humans sending rockets too high. They’re left there to teach humans not to get too big for their britches.

2 Likes

Pope Sergius III, is that you?

1 Like

How on earth could you have three of those?

1 Like

Ok, Daedalus

1 Like

It was a dark age for many things, including names.

2 Likes

Per Wikipedia, there were four.

Pope Sergius could refer to:

I am so proud of myself for the turn the Science & Engineering thread has taken in the last 10 minutes.

6 Likes

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Pope Sergius the Wise? I thought not.

1 Like

It’s not the sort of story a Calvinist would tell.

1 Like