Science & Engineering Shit

It is particularly hard. Try it yourself:
http://moonlander.seb.ly/

3 Likes

Oh man. I have a love/hate relationship with that game.

1 Like

It’s like potato chips, man, I’m going to stop this shit right now.

2 Likes

Yeager was much better than Armstrong at media relations and self promotion. Armstrong was by far the superior pilot.

ETA: Armstrong was also the superior engineer and by far a superior human being.

2 Likes

Just to close the loop on this one.

“Hard landing” being Japanese for “rapid unscheduled disassembly”.

1 Like

Don’t you flyboys refer to this as a “controlled flight into terrain”?

Nope. It’s “any one you walk away from.” I don’t think that applies in this case.

No CGI, no second chances.

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1658677937338499074?s=46&t=p9jpyANXi-DPhPuBEwh3Sw

That was the best show, I need to see if it’s on streaming somewhere.

1 Like

Absolutely. He wove things together perfectly. Well, I suppose history had already woven them together, but his exposition was fantastic.

1 Like

To answer my question, TV Guide says it’s not available for streaming but they are on YouTube.
A person on Reddit wrote: " Watching Connections is like a weekend on wikipedia".

1 Like

I, for one, welcome our aquatic overlords.

Reminds me of 2 things

• the awesomely bad Richard Harris movie “Orca” that was watched many times in my youth

• one of my favorite Onion articles ever:

1 Like

There is evidence that the shingles vaccine staves off a number of types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s.

Still not clinically proven etc. etc., but the shingles vaccine is a good idea anyway, so go get it if you haven’t got it.

2 Likes

If it staves off shingles it’s worth its weight in gold. You do not want shingles. Full stop.

3 Likes

I’ve been putting it off, but I will put it off not much longer. I’ve been around 2 people who’ve had shingles and they basically wanted to preferably die.

Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Twice in my life I’ve been in so much pain that I would have preferred someone clobbered me in the head with a cast iron skillet. One was taking a foul tip to the nuts that shattered my cup and made me cough blood. The other was two weeks of having shingles.

2 Likes

I’ve broken just about every bone you can try to break, ligaments and whatnots too, I’ve got a pretty, pretty high pain tolerance, but from what I’ve heard I want no part of that.

Tuesday shot is in my future.

And I had been warned by friends that the vaccine would result in two days of feeling lousy, but I had no reaction that I noticed. So there’s at least a non-zero chance that you’ll get away free, too.

I have scheduled my COVID booster and first shingles shot today. Hopefully it doesn’t ruin the weekend. I have a brisket planned.