Rangers @ Astros, May 20, 2022

They’re jealous they’ve never kissed Dave Grohl.

1 Like

I believe I said that I gave him a kiss.

As I recall, instead of Take Me Out to the Ballgame, they play Smells Like Teen Spirit for the 7th inning stretch in Seattle.

That’s our job, not theirs. I come here for that, I turn on the TV for baseball.

5 Likes

Rats. At least they made Perez throw double-digit pitches.

I’ve been to games there and I can’t remember if there’s any truth to this. There may be, that’s a pretty Seattle thing to do. If they’re down by a bunch of runs in the 7th they should switch things up and play Strychnine by the Sonics.

Did I ever mention this? I was once (wrongly) accused of child abuse by a lunatic lesbian in Pike Place Market, speaking of Seattle things. This lunatic (who works at a kiosk called Shirts for Perverts, no joke) sent out a call to action to all her friends and I was followed around the market by a particularly menacing group of vendors. It was kind of funny for a while there to be a sort of lesbian Pied Piper, but you might be surprised, it loses its charm fairly quickly. Particularly because I have never once laid a hand on my son, not even like a slap on the leg or any of that.

Anyway, yeah, Seattle.

They used those fiberglass chairs because they’re easy to clean.

There is absolute truth to that, but it doesn’t really happen.

It is the 7th inning yoga stretch though.

And instead of a first pitch, they toss out a salmon.

I wonder if the Astros are going to bother to score a run tonight. Two would be even better.

This inning. It’s going to be incredible.

Hope springs eternal

I’m vaunting optimism.

Chas this shit up

Okay, it’s a good time to score a run.

Is Chas trying to wish away a hamstring problem or does he have a strawberry?

7th inning yoga stretch is totally plausible.

Not exactly Seattle, but some years ago we went to Oregon to catch steelhead on the Deschutes River. People would ask me if I was traveling, and I’d say I’m going to Portland, and they’d say “my lesbian niece is in Portland,” or “my girlfriend’s lesbian daughter is in Portland,” or “my boyfriend’s lesbian aunt is in Portland.” It wasn’t liker three conversations, it was a dozen. It was like everyone in Houston had a lesbian whatnot in Portland.

Mike, that was a meatball

x2