Rangers @ Astros, May 20, 2022

I’m the hardest hardass scorer there is, and there is no way an error ever enters my thinking on that one.

1 Like

Tucker makes things look harder than need be sometimes.

Glavine

They are far better than the first game. They’re not at the level of stabbing your ear with an ice pick.

I did listen in to the TV interview with JV and heard the dude in the booth from Houston refer to JV as the Grand Wizard.

That was clearly a baby giraffe moment.

Gregg Abbott is pissed.

Always.

Oh he will not stand for that level of disrespect

They are avoiding injecting self indulgent stories about their lives into the conversation, keeping it mostly on the game and the players.

Halfway…1-0 Rangers, Astros still being no-hit.

Glad I’m not the only one who heard that

1 Like

I think they’ve limited themselves to one inane comment per inning.

I actually like national broadcasts, just because it’s different, and I thought Pence was reasonably enlightening last time, if he could have stuck to baseball. . If they improve this much by the third time around, they’ll be pretty good.

Man. That was a pitch to hit.

I wonder where I can get a pair of those stylish headphones?

I usually retrieve my son after school, and there’s a pretty gregarious third grader in Daniel’s class named Riley. His mom often arrives about when I do and we sometimes walk out together, and despite the fact that Daniel ignores most everyone Riley is occasionally happy to chat with me. The other day he told me ‘Third grade is tough!’

You bet your ass it is, son, long division is no joke.

Anyway, Fridays he almost always wears a shirt with a 7-11 logo on it but instead of the word ‘Eleven’ it reads ‘Riley.’ That was a major clue in my determining his name. Well, he wore that shirt one Thursday and I asked him about it, if his laundry service mixed up the day of the week or what. His response was simply ‘I’m thinking about wearing my Nirvana shirt tomorrow!’ The tomorrow in question was the class photo day, so apparently he’d scheduled his wardrobe to appear in the class photo in his Nirvana shirt.

We got the photos today. Daniel appears to have a certain awareness that a photo is taking place, which is a nice surprise, and sure enough, Riley is there in his Nirvana shirt.

1 Like

Pena!

Peña lines one into RF away from any fielder. Official scoring pending.

1 Like

The fuck is wrong with that???

1 Like

Looked like E3 to me.