Punishments are official

Based on his inappropriate conduct in the clubhouse on October 19, 2019, Brandon
Taubman shall be ineligible to perform services on behalf of any Major League
Club…

safe_image
My current mood after the events in Houston sports over the last 24 hours.

Wonder if Beltran will still be the human interest hero in the next printing of Astroball.

I wasn’t sure if they blew him off or flat out lied and said it wasn’t happening

Love the Astros. Love MLB. We got caught gaining a significant illegal advantage. AJ and Jeff knew about it and did nothing. Players knew about it and used it to their advantage. We got what we deserved. Sucks. Feels like the SMU death penalty. Except this time I’m unhappy about it.

Looking through MLB’s release AJ’s statements line right up with being a player’s manager. He never hounded them or called them out publicly or shit on them to Luhnow. He tried to be subtle to get the point across. It reads like he trusted his players to come around to doing the right thing. They didn’t, and it cost him.

1 Like

Hinch is so clearly the best manager in baseball it isn’t even a competition.

From Logan Morrison

!

Beltran is great in the clubhouse.

Thanks for posting the Logan Morrison thing, but he can fuck off.

King Felix couldn’t get out of the 5th against that Astros team?

And why is he talking about Joey Cora?

Ha.

Good catch.

A psychiatrist might want to weigh in on the term for someone who still blames trash can banging for his team’s failure to beat a 70-92 win team in important, late season games 6 years later. Is whisperdick a technical diagnosis?

I think Logan got a little too tuned up before posting that.

So do the Astros lose the compensatory pick for Cole in addition to the first and second rounders?

I haven’t see that anywhere but is not technically a first or second round pick.

Luhnow’s response.

They didn’t say so. Since that pick would be after the second round, I’m assuming it’s unaffected. It will actually be the Astros’ first pick of the draft.

astros fan fest will be interesting . wonder if the band wagoners will jump off?

The bountygate analogy did’t go this far in terms of penalties