Other Sports

The highlights don’t do the Palace goal justice. It started on the other side of the pitch, involved 9 players making 19 passes before the final shot.

Raider Nation is celebrating Ludvig Aberg’s second place finish at the Masters. Ludwig is a recent Tech grad and had a stellar college career in Lubbock. This was his first major; I don’t think it will be long before he wins one.

Congrats to Aberg… and more to Longhorn Scott Scheffler!

3 Likes

Three players in history have won the Players Championship twice and the Masters twice:

Jack Nicklaus
Tiger Woods
Scott Scheffler

The past few years I’ve submitted an entry in a huge Masters pool - there were 921 entries this year at $50 a pop, and it pays out the top 20 places. I started today in 5th and sat as high as 9th late this afternoon, which I think would have paid out about $1200 or so. And then Xander and Morikawa both hit the same drive into the trees at 18 a few minutes apart and with their subsequent bogeys, I fell back into a 16-way tie for 13th. The pool uses the top 5 of 9 golfers, but the tiebreaker goes to your 6th golfer and so on. Eight guys had Patrick Reed while my #6 was +5 Rickie Fowler. In the immortal words of Willy Wonka, “You lose! You get nothing! Good day, sir!”

There has to be a bet you could place to hedge that, but heck if I know how you’d do it.

In insurance world betting pools, it’s common for someone in such a situation to reinsure some or all of the bet. Probably the same in the banking world, except they do it for real with mortgages.

Real Madrid hanging on at Man City in the Champions League. 4-4 with 5 mins of regular time to go.

City dominant, so this has sucker punch written all over it.

Real hold out to full time. 30 mins of extra time to come. On CBS if you’re interested.

Bernardo Silva outwitted on his PK, winds up looking like a kindergartner.

1 Like

City got rope-a-doped. Real were playing for pens the moment City tied with about 20 mins of regular time to play.

Then Real smashed the penalties.

The referee and VAR decided that this was neither a penalty nor corner to Chelsea, but a goal kick to Man City…

…who went on to win 1-0.

The refereeing at the top level of English soccer is completely corrupt. There is no way to excuse this shit by incompetence, because someone this incompetent would get fired.

Eze’s goal is spectacular. Palace is a totally different team when both Eze and Olise are on the pitch.

Fuck Kurt Zouma and James Ward-Prowse.

Adam Silver says “hold my beer.”

Some Arsenal guy just delivered one of the very best long passes you will ever see, and Havertz (fucker!) got onto the end of it and converted a difficult chance. Arsenal now running away from Chelsea 3-0.

Watching the highlights, it was Odegaad and it was delightful. So good that even Havertz couldn’t fuck it up.

5-0. Oof!

Odegaard has been doing that for 2 seasons, kid is absolutely top notch. Still can’t believe Arsenal got him from Madrid for 25 million. And he’s only 25 years old.

1 Like

Reggie Bush will be getting his Heisman Trophy back. Turns out, the NCAA’s hypocrisy only goes so far.

Reggie Bush reportedly getting 2005 Heisman Trophy back in formal ‘reinstatement’ (yahoo.com)

Odegaard is Messi Lite, and I mean that as a compliment. He can do all the things that Messi does, just not quite as well (because no one can).

1 Like

Not that they haven’t searched for the extremes.

Should have been Vince Young’s in the first place

3 Likes