Other Sports

Crystal Palace take on Newcastle live at 2pm on USA. Chris Richards is starting, and it’s just impossible to over-emphasize the awesomeness of his Afro.

2 Likes

Such bullshit.

Palace dominated Newcastle and we’re now mathematically safe from relegation.

Glassner has the team firing on all cylinders. Still missing two key players in Guéhi and Doucouré, but we look so much more organized, composed and dangerous with his formation and tactics.

This was fun. Eze was rampant.

Wait, BREAKDANCING is now an Olympic sport?

1 Like

Once rhythmic gymnastics [sic] was allowed, you knew it would be downhill from there.

You’ve been served

Word.

Fun Fact: Despite losing pretty much every match-up in between, Palace handed Klopp his first loss at Anfield and may well have handed him his last loss at Anfield.

You may have over-estimated the “give a fuck” of the Liverpool players.

Possibly.

Even Anthony Taylor has given up on them.

Sheffield Utd mathematically relegated today. Looks like the other two will come from Luton, Burnley and Forest.

It’s impossible to put into words the awfulness of how fans of those three teams feel right now.

Everton are still mathematically capable of being relegated, but they need two points from a possible 12, which assumes that two of the teams below them win out - which is impossible.

As a Fulham fan, I have some experience. Fulham have been relegated 3 times in my fandom. You are absolutely correct. It’s a horrible and frightening time. You question whether you will ever be back here, if your squad will be destroyed to the point the Championship is a struggle, are we the next Sunderland? Or worse, the next Portsmouth?

Lucky for me, Fulham were neither, though it came close after the first relegation in 13/14.

1 Like

After Everton’s win yesterday, the PL relegation fight is down to two from three of Luton, Forest and Burnley. OK, technically Brentford are still in it, but they have a huge goal difference advantage that would be the tie-breaker, so they’re essentially safe.

Meanwhile, Leicester has been promoted back to the PL at their first try. Unfortunately for them, they were found guilty of breaching financial rules in the 22/23 season, and so will start next season in the PL with a points deduction.

It feels necessary to point out that, while Man City have a fifth successive PL title in their sights, they had 115 charges of breaching financial rules leveled at them five years ago that have yet to be adjudicated. They have been allowed to play this entire span of league dominance utilizing the fruits of their (alleged) cheating.

Here’s an interesting concept: removing the drivers from F1.

Legit Thunderbastard.

Welcome to Wrexham returns to Hulu. This season will be about their first…urm…season, back in the football league proper.

The League Two regular season is complete, so the ending is not a secret, but this show is about so much more than just the results of the men’s team on the pitch.

2 Likes

Great show, I love how they’ve delved into the town and the people.

2 Likes

When Americans who don’t watch soccer say it’s boring, they are talking about Brentford v Fulham today. One of the least entertaining Fulham matches I can remember watching in the 10+ years of fandom. 0-0.

1 Like

Fulham are now guaranteed to finish above Brentford now, so got that going for us at least

1 Like