Other Sports

Both sets of players already on the beach, or not wanting to risk injury ahead of this summer’s Euros.

The PL equivalent of “garbage time”.

Everyone: you can’t see fuck-all out of the cockpit of an F1 car.

Miami GP Director every time something is brewing in the race: DRIVER CAM!

1 Like

That hockey game between the Stars and the Golden Knights was sure exciting and was 0-0 until the last 7 minutes of so. The Golden Knight won to even the series a 3 games apiece. Game 7 will be even more exciting.

1 Like

There are exciting 0-0 in soccer too. Fulham and Everton played a 0-0 where both teams had a shit ton of chances, that game could have been 3-3. This was just dull. Fulham had one good shot, Brentford had one decent chance but that was it.

That was a great game.

My preference would have been for the road team to have been the victors but I’ll be dialed in for game 7 tmw.

So today is the 150th running of the Kentucky Derby, which is one of my favorite non-baseball sporting events. Attending is on my bucket list. I’m dressed up, have on my lid, and am on my third mint julep. Normally, I just pick a horse to root for based on his/her cool name. I’ll Have Another may be my favorite horse of all time. This year, the names are pretty lame. But I’m rooting for Dornoch, partly because he’s co-owned by Jason Werth. He’s starting on the post, and going off at 21-1.

A three horse photo finish…looks like Mytic Dan by a nostril….

It’s official…Mystic Dan!!!

Can’t even remember a 3 horse photo in the Derby.

2 Likes

That was as close as I remember.

On a side note, my great uncle owned a photography company, and was the official photographer for the Derby for many years. He was also one of the first to provide game films for football teams.

That race is 3ft longer, it’s a different outcome.

Might have picked a better name if watching “Hunt for Red October”

Boston and Toronto going to OT.

The Leafs got a shot on goal with a second left that was stopped by the goalie’s blocker.

Soiled undergarments on both sides of the northern border.

1 Like

And Boston wins it in OT.

Pandelirium in Beantown.

Bounce pass off the board and some sweet stick work.

Goalie has no chance.

Beautiful goal.

Horrific defense from the Maple Leafs, but totally unsurprising.

As I stated to a friend fo mine, Maple Leafs are the number one choking hazard in May.

Pretty rough day for Drake.

1 Like

I wonder if a team from Canada will win a Stanley Cup this century.

Let’s keep in mind the real prize for Mystik Dan:

Once he retires, he will mate twice a day, with hundreds of mares.