Other Sports

The real work is yet to begin.

As long as it’s not the insufferable Maple Leafs, I’m okay with it.

South London on the rise!

In case you’re interested, the Miami GP is poised on a knife edge. Great race so far.

If they could integrate Jai alai into that I’d get interested.

1 Like

McLaren has been showing great speed going back into last season. This weekend, they added a suite of upgrades and, once the opportunity presented itself, they drove away from the perennially dominant Red Bull on the road.

Norris chalked up his first ever win. There may be more to come from this team this season.

Not sure you’ve seen how they do that, but it may not be the prize you’re imagining

1 Like

SNL actually had a good joke when they said that horses call the Derby “Squid Game”.

I prefer “Amish Nascar”.

1 Like

Yes. The lead was a safety car gift, but stretching it out to 5 seconds was all “real”. Great race.

And in other news, Magnusson does not belong in F1.

1 Like

McLaren stretched Norris’ stint on his starting tires in the hope of catching a safety car. So I would class this “luck” as being when preparation meets opportunity.

You’re right that without deus ex Magnusen, Norris would’ve had to pit under race conditions and this race most likely ends up with Max cruising to victory. Of course, I’m still bitter about deus ex Masi in Abu Dhabi three years ago, so…

What is a good sign for the future is Adrian Newey leaving Red Bull that Piastri in the non-upgraded McLaren could match pace with Max once he cleared LeClerc, and Norris’ upgraded car was able to drive away from Max from the rolling restart.

Without Sainz acting like a fucking child, it would have been fascinating to see what Piastri could’ve done over the remainder of the race.

Re: Sainz, his team should’ve told him that Piastri didn’t leave the track and to quit bitching. But they let him go on believing he was the victim of some major stewarding controversy - which he was most definitely not - and that lead directly to the over-aggressive move he made that took out Piastri. People think Newey is going to Ferrari, but that whole team is a clusterfuck and Newey is too old for that shit.

1 Like

The Stars win game seven 2-1.

Holy crap playoff hockey is crazy intense.

1 Like

I totally agree about Ferrari & Ssinz. Sainz had pace earlier vs. Leclerc, but it should surprise nobody that that was irrelevant. I am eager to see a more even matchup between McLaren & Red Bull. I keep hoping Aston Martin will make a leap forward, too, but that is looking less likely.

1 Like

So which of them ran the fastest 40 at the combine?

And while at least some of us are still talking about F1, the fact that Hamilton avoided a first turn penalty during the sprint race was criminal. Different rules.

1 Like

Agreed on Hamilton. They’re (quite rightly) a little lenient with first corner shenanigans, but what Hamilton did was absolutely worthy of a penalty.

I mean, Mercedes is fighting with Hass these days. It’s not like giving Lewis a 10 second penalty is tipping the balance in the championship.

Speaking of which, the situation at Mercedes has to be getting untenable for Wolff et al. McLaren is driving over the horizon with a Mercedes engine and, theoretically, inferior drivers. And that was before the latest upgrade that allows McLaren to drive away from Red Bull!

Team Mercedes has terrible straight line speed while McLaren had speed to spare but burned up tires in the corners. They appear to have fixed the latter problem so Team Mercedes will be even further behind.

“Other Sports” it is:

2 Likes

I love those Rockets teams so much.

2 Likes

Jordan’s retiring screwed us out of the most epic Finals ever

2 Likes

Selhurst under the lights. Man Utd playing for Europe, Palace playing for fun.

Eze and Olise start. Bring it!

NBC: Crystal Palace are playing tonight, but let’s get to Man Utd as we only have 58 minutes to talk about them before kick off.