Other Sports

This referee is Star Trek fan, in that it’s open season on red shirts.

Chris Richards gets himself an assist. :clap:

2 Likes

Palace fans seem to be enjoying the match. Wish there was a way to turn on subtitles for the supporters chants, I wanna know what they are singing.

Oh my…this is so good too

1 Like

For Palace, at least, gone are the days of the overly complicated or specific songs that are inaccessible to the uninitiated. The Holmesdale Fanatics modeled themselves on German fans, and simplified the chants so that they’re easy to pick up. They also took the opportunity to clean up the songbook to get rid of much of the swearing and all the casual bigotry.

So you get a lot of one-liners repeated ad nauseam like “we’re the red and blue army” .

Others I heard were:

Whoa-oh-ah-oh
Whoa-oh-ah-oh-oh
Whoa-oh-ah-oh
Since 1981
[Repeat]

Ohhh-oh-ah-oh-ah-oh
We sup-port Pal-lace
[Repeat]

Shakespeare it ain’t, but it’s easy to pick up if you’re airdropped into the crowd.

ETA: I think the songbook gets a bit more elaborate for road games, but then you’re really only looking at the hard core fan base.

Palace has won 4 of their last 5. The wins came against Liverpool, West Ham, Newcastle and Manchester United. That’s quite the run.

Looks like Palace got some people’s attention yesterday. Now we brace ourselves for the inevitable plundering of our jewels.

Here’s the highlights:

For any fellow tactics nerds.

Dortmund eliminate PSG, and PSG score no goals in two games, which surprises me. But this seems to be a charmed season for Dortmund, so maybe they’ll get the whole enchilada (or donner kebab or whatever food item is appropriate for them).

1 Like

As I have said before: people who think English food is bland have never eaten German food.

1 Like

They think mayonnaise is spicy.

2 Likes

They make Irish food look edgy.

1 Like

The Stars go up 2-0 with 9 minutes left in the first.

The Stars with a two man advantage score again, now lead 3-0, still in the first period.

1 Like

Wyatt Johnston is pretty good.

Meanwhile, the Rangers and the Hurricane are knotted up at three apiece going in to the 2nd sudden death overtime.

The goalkeepers are really earning their pay.

There is nothing in sports like OT playoff hockey.

1 Like

Colorado with a man advantage scores to make it 3-1.

Goalie is my favorite position in soccer and hockey.