Other Sports

Why does that bogan have a Toyne hoist on the bonnet of his ute?

1 Like

English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?

2 Likes

Reminds me, in Australia Burger King does not own the trademark to that name so the franchise is known as Hungry Jack’s. I’ll have to look into what they call a Whopper. Maybe they just call it a Whopper.

1 Like

I doubt they call it a Royale with Cheese.

2 Likes

I heard the word “bogan” at least 20 times in my two week trip to the Gold Coast last Fall. Tells you the type of places we were staying in.

Probably no shortage of grommets afoot, either.

Alonso got a 20 second time penalty for “brake-testing” Russell going into the flat-out Turn 6 during the Australian GP, and causing this wreck.

The telemetry doesn’t lie here. Alonso had entered this corner at full throttle for each of the prior 55 laps, during many of which he had Russell right up his arse. On lap 56, he came off the throttle 100m early and downshifted. Russell had to take evasive action and ended up turtled in the middle of the track.

I don’t think a 20-second penalty is anywhere near enough of a punishment for this. The only reason Russell and some other poor driver weren’t compressed into the same space like a black hole is because luckily no one was right behind.

Yeah – Maximizing the speed on exit is one thing, but this was a bit more than that. And his “problems with the throttle” message is completely unbelievable.

1 Like

The end of the Chelsea - Man Utd game was fucking hilarious.

1 Like

I know I’ll be in the minority but I really wish it went the other way

Akshay Bhatia and Denny McCarthy are going extra holes in San Antonio at the Texas Open. McCarthy birdied the last 7 holes.

Poor McCarthy picked a poor time to chunk a wedge. Takes some of the shine off of an absurdly good back nine.

1 Like

That was cringeworthy.

What did he shoot on the back nine, 28?

Total dick-stomping.

He was eight under. Don’t know if that nine is par 35 or par 36.

He was six back at the turn and forced a playoff. Then stomped his dick on the playoff hole.

It’s 36. He shot 28 on the back nine. And then…depression set in.

This PSG-Barcelona Champion’s League game is wildly entertaining. Barcelona went up 1-0 in the first half, surrendered two quick goals at the start of the second half, and now has scored to tie it up. Some of passes have been sublime.

Wow, Barcelona score a third and get a road win. Big result for them.