Other Sports

Well, I go that exactly backwards. United did indeed draw even in the 88th minute, but then conceded in the 97th minute to avoid picking up any points. You hate to see it.

1 Like

Palace knocked off Burnley comfortably. Yes, they had a player sent off, but it was all Palace up to that point anyway, and it was the relentless pressure that forced them into committing the red card offense.

That’s Everton and Burnley in the space of 6 days, and 4 points earned (which should’ve been 6). This while our four best players aren’t available. How shit are those clubs!

Palace now 8 points clear of the drop, and I really don’t see how many of the bottom four can make a run for safety, let alone three of them.

That used to be Utd’s wheelhouse back in the days of “Fergie Time”. Not any more.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They’re still using the players they obtained by breaking the rules!

Defense apparently optional in this West Ham-Brentford game.

West Ham have been suspect at the back for a while now.

Adam Silver still not responding to NBA coaches calling out the league for fixing games for home teams, Silver’s silence mocking everyone who cares (namely, the players and coaches, the “dogs” who carry the integrity of sports). Silver has his job for a reason- he only cares about money. Only. The latest: a Knick literally tackled a Piston to “steal” the ball and lead to a game-winning layup at the buzzer.

Nice shirt.

This amuses me greatly. Must watch for all of you Steven A Smith fans out there:

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1761125988371743084

4 Likes

With the F1 season kicking off on Sunday, it’s worth catching up with the investigation into Red Bull’s team boss Christian Horner. They completed their own internal investigation into accusations of office sex-pestery and concluded nothing because the complaint was fortuitously withdrawn.

So Horner wasn’t cleared, the complainant dropped the complaint. Well, now this:

I guess someone didn’t like how things panned out.

The leaked file is absolutely devastating to Horner. It’s pages and pages of WhatsApp screenshots of him harassing a female employee for pics and videos, constantly asking her about what she’s wearing, pressing her to spend time with him off the clock, sending her photos of himself - many semi-naked - and at least one dick pic.

In reply, she is doing the dance too many female employees have had to do, of rebuffing his approaches while keeping her job. At one point, when Horner whines about being lonely on the road with his F1 team and begs for a late night video call, she tells him to call his wife.

There are pages and pages of him apologizing and begging her to delete the thread because he’s in so much trouble if it ever got out.

What a fucking arsehole.

This has to be rough on Ginger Spice.

1 Like

Since Chris Richards has been returned to Palace’s central defense, his play has been solid and he got his first goal last week. But all of that is totally overshadowed by his superb 70s fro.

So happy Marco Silva is managing Fulham. To see what Fulham has become under him is an absolute joy. I questioned all season why Rodrigo Muniz was still in and around the team but Marco was right about him. Muniz has been incredible, not just scoring goals but he’s been a fucking menace to deal with up front. I am happy to eat my words, I love Muniz now, I never thought I’d say that.

1 Like

Red Bull’s 1 & 2 was so dominant that Horner’s assistant better not check her WhatsApp tonight.

1 Like

He’s learned his lesson.

From now on its nothing but tasteful nudes.

1 Like

More heads roll at Alpine.

Also saw rumors that Andretti might see this as an opportunity to break the impasse.

What a mess. They qualified last and second-last on the grid, and would’ve finished in those slots were it not for mechanical issues with other cars. They were helped by the silliness at Red Bull Lite taking the spotlight off them a little.

Meanwhile, the comms were hyping the fact that DRS comes in after just one lap now - an obvious effort to assist those chasing Max because he would easily have a 1+ secs gap on the chasing pack after 3 laps. So it was with much dismay that we all saw Max blast out to a 1+ secs lead before the end of the first lap. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can we just send Sheffield United down now and bring up some club team?

Believe it or not, they only need 2 points to surpass the lowest ever PL points total. But, yeah, they’re down already.

As to bringing up someone else, Burnley - on the same points as Sheffield - got over 100 points in the Championship last season. Burnley has a -35 goal difference in 27 games.

Fun Fact: The record score in the PL is 9-0, Man Utd over Ipswich in 1995.