Other Sports

If you can hit it over the boundary rope, you don’t have to run. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had taken that into account and rejected it as a wildly improbable outcome.

2 Likes

Is that six off your own bat?

You can take a lot of long singles in 2 hours of cricket.

Or three days. My introduction was at Sydney Cricket Grounds — a match with Australia hosting Pakistan. Fascinating game, but it makes baseball seem frenetic by comparison.

1 Like

The more time, the more strategy. The Twenty-20 version is 3 hours of mayhem.

1 Like

My firsthand live experience with Cricket was an ODI (One Day International) between South Africa amd India in Port Elizabeth. I’m not sure if I’ve ever consumed more alcohol in a 24 hour period in my life than that day.

1 Like

Going to Everton (where we never fucking win and it sucks fucking shit) missing our 4 best players and a manager. This is going to be great.

I suggest having the kit man give the pregame speech.

4 Likes

Will this kit man get the a job managing in the Premier League soon afterwards?

If the best players never play, are they really part of the team?

Perma-injured, it seems. Very frustrating.

Ok, all you Football Manager types, please give me some insight on this situation. Mbappé is apparently going to leave PSG as a free agent, which I assume means that PSG will receive no transfer fee. If that’s true, will Mbappé insist that his contract be increased by some amount so that he enjoys some of that windfall?

Bingo. He can negotiate a richer contract because the acquisition cost is lower. Or nil.

First day of open F1 testing. Verstappen cruised around at over 1 second faster than everyone else, while looking totally reliable and under control.

Roll on 2025?

1 Like

Man, or car? I would imagine that his teammates have pretty much the same car, but they’re obviously not breathing down his neck.

It’s both. In the case of Red Bull, though, the car is designed entirely to fit Max’ driving style. If you don’t drive like that and drive like, say, Cheiko Perez, the car is going to handle like a pig for you.

I don’t know that any other team is so focused on only one of their two drivers.

Fun Fact: Christian Horner is a disgusting sex pest. This has now been documented in proceedings against him, so you don’t just have to take his face’s word for it.

So many useless passes by Fulham. This has all the signs of being another one of those frustrating games where United grabs 3 points with a goal in the 94th minute.

2 Likes

FULHAM! COYW

1 Like

It certainly looked that way

1 Like