Other Sports

Or a geologist. If you’re a geologist and you’re asked to go on a landing party, you’re fucking toast.

3 Likes

Three beautiful goals in the first half of this Newcastle-City game.

The FA Cup 3rd Round replays are happening this week. West Ham are 1-0 down to lower division Bristol City, and the Irons host had a player sent off, so they are really up against it.

Non-league Eastleigh is tied at 1-1 against Newport. The prize for the winner here being a home tie against Man Utd in the 4th round.

Hammers are looking almost as inept as the Cowboys. Benrahma’s kick to the groin was a nice touch that I don’t think the Cowboys have thought to attempt.

1 Like

It’s all getting delightfully testy (no pun intended) in Bristol.

Eastleigh’s race seems run; down 1-3 to Newport, who will see Man Utd in the 4th round.

Still, it gives me an excuse to post this classic:

Luton finally prevailed over Bolton Wanderers, and will now go on to face Everton or Crystal Palace.

WANKER! WANKER! WANKER!

There are a billion great sports comeback stories in the world, but this one is one of my favorites of all time: Terry Ryan’s last shift: How a long-retired hockey pro fought one more time - The Athletic

1 Like

I think most folks realize I’m not much of a soccer guy (rugby is the game they play in Heaven), but this is wonderful story and worth a few minutes:

Palace. Ouch.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

It was fun.

Nvm

20 year old college kid won the PGA American Express open today. First Amateur to win a PGA event since 1991 when Mickleson did it.

2 Likes

UH golfer Santiago De La Fuente won the Latin American Amateur today. He now gets to play in the Masters, US Open and The Open. His first professional tournaments will be at Augusta National, Pinehurst and Royal Troon.

3 Likes

When the common in-play bias isn’t sufficient, the refs simply take matters into their own hands as happened to Almeria vs Real Madrid. And with 3 goal/no-goal VAR farces not doing the trick (Almeria’s shoulder became an arm and then Real’s arm became a shoulder), stoppage time was 11 minutes. Brazen corruption.

Xavi: “There are things we do not control, everyone has seen it today.”

Honestly, there is no good reason for non-league soccer to exi…

2 Likes

The FA Cup 4th round gets underway…erm…yesterday, with Bournemouth’s 5-0 demolition of Swansea. The tie of the round is Spurs vs. Man City, which is today at 2pm (CST). A close second is Chelsea vs. Aston Villa, which is at 1:45pm.

Tomorrow sees six more ties, including Fulham vs. Newcastle at 1pm, while on Sunday we get potential giant killers when Liverpool host Norwich and Man Utd head down the A4042 to Newport (repeat the word Newport, Newport, Newport).

Monday finishes up the round when Championship side Blackburn take on League Two’s and Hollywood’s Wrexham.

Oh, and Klopp is klippitying away from Liverpool at the end of the season.

Here’s the full fixture line up. All FA Cup games are streaming on ESPN+.