Other Sports

The Premier League kicks off this afternoon, and earlier-than-usual start to this Qatar-deranged, two-part season. Very sensibly, the league decided to showcase Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal at Selhurst Park. Friday night under the lights at SP should be electric!

CORRECTION: Kicks off at 2pm CDT on the USA channel.

When the two team met in April, Palace ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.

1 Like

Things to watch for:

• Palace’s young star-in-the-making, Eberechi Eze, is now fully recovered from the torn achilles that robbed him of an England national team call-up in 2021. He has been in electrifying form in pre-season.
  • Palace are without spark plug Conor Gallagher, who’s loan from Chelsea ended at the end of last season, and will be running out a new midfield formation anchored by exciting new signing Cheik Doucouré.
  • Arsenal swooped for two out-of-favor forwards from Man City, and have scored an embarrassing number of goals in pre-season. They will be hard to keep at bay.
  • Same wet-paper-bag defense though.
  • Five substitutions allowed now. It will be interesting to see how coaches will deploy the two extra swaps they can make. Will we see some first half tactical changes being made?

How good is Eze? He turned this into an assist for Zaha.

This is most excited I’ve been about a season starting, as an Arsenal fan, in probably 10 years. It was just preseason but they were crushing teams, 4-0 bs Chelsea and 6-0 vs Sevilla.

Jesus looks to be the most impactful player since Alexi Sanchez, the team looks 100x more goal dangerous with him vs Lacazette or Auby

Back to back 100m+ summer transfer windows finally seems to be paying off, along with all the young kids, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Saliba

With that said, I’m sure Xhaka will pick up some questionable red card in the first 30 and Arsenal lose 3-1. SMH

Made up some meetings on my calendar starting at 130 so could watch.

1 Like

I had 4pm in my head, for some inexplicable reason. I’m so glad you posted this as I would’ve missed the damn game!

1 Like

Saka will be buoyed to hear that McArthur is out injured.

Unknown

Just saw the schedule…everything but Arsenal CP and Chelsea v Everton is on PayCock. Fucking hell gonna end up buying yet another streaming service. Thanks coord cutters.

I’ve been waiting for your comments on Sunday’s Astros game being on peacock!

All the cuss words

What’s particularly annoying about peacock is, not only do you have to pay for it, but there’s no way to record matches and replay isn’t available until the next day. Makes those 6:00am Saturday morning matches fairly inaccessible.

1 Like

OMG that Jesus run. Holy hell. Have to finish that Martinelli

I want to know what they put in Arsenal’s pre-match cuppa. Palace weathered the hurricane, but then coughed up a set piece goal after getting a foothold in the game.

The first 15 mins was all Arsenal, but the last 15 mins was all Palace. Let’s see what the coaches can do for the second half.

Xhaka def picking up a second yellow at some point. Hoping they sub him out.

Where’s your dedication, man?

1 Like

Hey Tottenham is on at 9. No problem there.

1 Like

My Chelsea-maniac nephew in Portland is used to the 4am alarm clock.

Arsenal def didn’t deserve all 3 points. CP pretty much dominated from 35 min on. Oh well, I’ll take it.

Probably pretty even. You took your first chance and got a little fortunate to make it two, but we missed two or three guilt edged chances and that’s - quite rightly - the difference.

Another day we’ll play worse and win. Football, eh?

1 Like

Like he was walking on water

1 Like

He’s always been a showoff

1 Like

Getting in before Liverpool score 3 in the second half

COYW! Fulham with all the fight in the first half and Mitrovic with a goal for the halftime lead.

1 Like