Other Sports

C’mon, how was he offside?!
No, seriously, how was he offside? I still don’t quite understand how it works.

2 Likes

I love that they closed that loop in the final episode. It’s the little details that make a difference.

1 Like

Bournemouth just thumping United. What a wonderful occasion. And Fernandes has picked up a yellow and will miss the Liverpool match. Boo hoo.

2 Likes

I do not understand. What is this non-existent sport of which you speak.

North Shore vs Westlake about to start, 6A-D1 semifinal.

Austin-area people can get it on KBVO, and it’s streamable here:

1 Like

Smithson Valley won last night, will face Aledo in the 5A Div 1 championship next week.

Unfortunately, the wind is making this a fugly game.

So Fulham, who had scored just 10 goals in the first 12 matches of the season, has now scored 10 in their last 2 and 16 in their last 4. Safe to say I am having a good time.

1 Like

I’ll try and watch that and the Duncanville vs North Shore game next weekend

Any idea if all of the championship games are on tv? They used to be, when FoxSW was a thing. I’d record them all if I can’t watch live, just because you never know what wackiness will happen.

Everton is a mess and in big trouble.

1 Like

I know very little of volleyball, but I think Madisen Skinner just had an out of body experience in that match for the Horns.

It was like a 180 for them. For years they’ve been let down by their service game (both serving and receiving), sometimes overcoming it, sometimes not. They improved last year, and this year it’s actually been a bit of a strength (serving anyway, receiving can still be exciting). But last night was on another level altogether, and Wisconsin just couldn’t get into their offense because of it. And while Skinner was outstanding, Halter and O’Neal had really good service games, too. And Halter was ridiculous on the defensive side; I think she had nearly 20 digs.

They’ll need to be as good on Sunday, because Nebraska’s defense rarely lets a ball hit the floor.

I hope the match is also on ESPN+ or something, because U-Verse is in a pissing match with whomever provides ABC in Austin, and they’re blocked right now.

Palace are fucking ridiculous.

WOW, i gave up on that match at 2-0, congrats and thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I quit at 2-0 and went to Newcastle-Fulham.

Any word on the Luton fellow?

1 Like

Love the basic stats, Man City - Palace

Possession: 74 - 26
Shots: 19-5
On Goal: 9-2
Corners: 6-1
Saves: 0-7

1 Like

Doing well. Concerning nonetheless.

I’m by no means the biggest soccer fan, but is Man City’s goalie always such a fuckhead, or was he just in rare form today? The highlight package I saw was about 1/3 him being a total twatwaffle.

1 Like

I didn’t know that “interference” without touching the ball (the header that wasn’t) was a thing.

Most of these TX HS championship games have been blowouts, and DeSoto is fixing to have the blowout of all blowouts. Not even 8 minutes into the 1st quarter and they’re ahead 29-0.

1 Like