Other Sports

The Hammers 2nd goal a sec ago was a fucking masterpiece

1 Like

Third one was pretty good too. Was fun to see the coats going on over those hideous grocery bag shirts as the home “faithful” started heading to the exits.

1 Like

Newb question: Where’s a good website for today’s highlights? I can find some through google, but none on the major sports websites.

NBC Sports’ YouTube channel posts short and long versions of the highlights. The long version is typically 10-15 minutes depending on the amount of action.

They are usually up the day after the match.

1 Like

Ah…“day after”, no wonder I was seeing a bunch of stuff from last weekend.

I’m an American and I demand instant gratification.

1 Like

It’s soccer. Gratification has no part in it.

2 Likes

That’s one of the most British things you’ve ever posted.

I mean, a plate of beans and eggs and mushrooms and sausage and…is not that British

1 Like

Well, self-flagellation is its own form of gratification.

1 Like

This is a guilty pleasure of mine: hot wheels racing and dad jokes.

We had a gazillion hot wheels at my house. Mark liked them.

1 Like

This is a completely accurate depiction of what happened after one lap in last weekend’s F1 GP.

I’m not kidding. Even the stupid music doesn’t do justice to Ferrari’s fuck up. The tire-change crew took up their positions to change tires, without the tires. That’s like walking up to bat without a bat.

2 Likes

Changes at Ferrari this year really paid off.

1 Like

Did they make a steering wheel that doesn’t fly off?

The Coogs reappropriated Houston’s traditional luv ya blue from those mercenaries in Nashville:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/uh-football-oilers-inspired-uniforms-season-opener-18339662.php

Seriously, these are badass.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m a traditionalist, who likes simple, traditional football uniforms. The school colors are red and white, and I typically like seeing just those. But I’m a sucker for Columbia blue.

1 Like

I’m good friend with the former UH Asst AD over communications, he is now with the Atlanta Falcons. I brought this up to him, in 2017, back then is when we started seeing a reemergence of athletes and wrappers wearing the Columbia Blue Oiler jerseys.

He had to get the Titans Texans and the NFL to sign off. Said it was a huge pain. Finally got everything approved and 6 months later got hired by the falcons. The idea went be the wayside, then Covid hit, glad it finally made it 6 years later.

4 Likes

The Titans wearing those Columbia Blues to play the Texans is like a guy dressing his girlfriend in his ex-wife’s wedding dress, then making the ex watch him fuck her. Note that the guy is a fat Bud Adams slob and the girlfriend is a meth addict, but the ex-wife married a total loser on the rebound.

4 Likes

What the literal fuck?

it’s bananas all the way down

1 Like