Other Sports

Just started it.

1 Like

Just finished it. Again.

A whole lot (the community, the fans, especially) of the beginning has reminded me of Welcome to Wrexham but without the celebrity bailout.

eta: Limey, I’ve been to London several times, but what’s that part of London all about?

And is the badass keeper in green a Frenchman?

1 Like

Croydon has lately gained the nickname “The Cronx”, which should give you a decent idea. It’s just an unfashionable part of London but, as a result, has become a prolific breeding ground for footballing talent.

1 Like

Argentinian. His wife paints scenes from the club, amongst other things, which you will see later in the show.

To wit:

Ebs doing Ebs things.

I like how the announcer starts yelling Goal! before he even shoots.

1 Like

I’m just now realizing that the game was payed in the US and A. Did you not go?

Hey, they also played Bogota’s Millonarios in Chicago. Result aside, that probably would have been the game to see. I guess I need to start paying closer attention. Maybe I’ll go to the game here tomorrow.

I thought about it, but never got my shit together to set it up.

Some controversy in both games as a Millonarios player went in very hard and late on Will Hughes, and has crocked him for a good while. Seville spent the entire game trying to dropkick Eze into Canada, and had a player sent off.

Not really the stuff of a pre-season “friendly”.

1 Like

This is usually pretty decent, if 5,000 ft, analysis of each team going into the new season.

This is basically why I didn’t go see a Fulham game while they were here(Philly, Orlando, DC)

1 Like

The Women’s World Cup is wrapping up the group stages. England’s Lionesses cruised comfortably into the Round of 16 with a 6-1 stuffing of China, and will now face Nigeria at 0:mygoditsearly on Monday morning.

USA’s tie with Portugal was enough to see them through to the R16 as runner up in Group E. The next match will most likely be against the powerful Swedes from Group G who - with one game to play - are unbeaten and have a 10-goal cushion over the 2nd-placed team Italy.

Group G has all 4 teams with a shot at going through heading into the last round of matches. Which could be fun to watch…except they kick off at 3am CDT tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

Through group play, USWNT have been absolute rubbish and are lucky to be through.

3 Likes

Got to be in it to win it.

Saw the last 30 minutes of Jamaica v Brazil this morning. What a great bit of drama that was. For Jamaica to have to use a go fund me to get to the world cup, it was great to see them hold off Brazil and move on to the knock out round.

1 Like

That should give their coffers a nice boost.

1 Like

USWNT manages a major choke job with too many shitty penalty kicks. Congrats to Sweden.

1 Like

Sweden’s keeper played an amazing game. USA had multiple chances and she denied all of them.