Other Sports

We play on a basketball court in a normal gym.

PIckup games we don’t even worry about boards, just play with goals.

Our rec league we have boards, but still play on basketball/sports court.

Man that’s so much easier than finding a skating rink. I hope it grows because it looks really easy to get started.

There are a fair amount of clubs out there, and the number is slowly growing.

The hardest part is getting enough people to get it going regularly. Our pickup games have been going on since 1999, and our league has been in operation (with a few breaks due to having to find new venues) since 2010.

1 Like

If anyone actually tuned in to the Tornadoes/Force game, that was me announcing goals while running the scoreboard.

2 Likes

How JJ Watt’s new team - Burnley - does player announcements:

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1681574610507104257

That’s certainly a way to do it

1 Like

Daniel Ricciardo has been restored to F1 as the replacement driver for Red Bull’s “AAA” team AlphaTauri. Many see this as a move to put pressure on Red Bull’s #2 driver, Perez, who has struggled in qualification in what is clearly the fastest car on the grid.

Perez responded to this challenge during the first practice session today at the Hungarian GP by [checks notes] stuffing his Red Bull into the wall.

1 Like

WWC is now underway and USWNT play tonight at 9 on Fox.

No word on whether Megan Rapinhoe might cause Fox transmitters to actually self destruct.

2 Likes

I shall be watching. England’s first game is 5:30am tomorrow morning FFS.

This is what you get for colonizing Australia.

2 Likes

Pip pip, cheerio! Wot wot!

US comfortably took care of Vietnam (finally) while the Lionesses “Englanded” their way past Haiti. Russo looks like a handful up front though.

We did not lose Vietnam! It was a tie!

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: McIlroy can’t buy a putt.

With Hamilton pipping Verstappen for P1, this should be a really interesting race.

Eh? Oh.

Max wins by more than half a minute.

Perez gets on the podium for good measure. Redbull is insanely dominant.

I’m happy to see Norris/McClaren coming on strong. Especially since that bumps Mercedes down another notch.

1 Like

It’s fills my heart with joy to see McLaren being competitive again.

Ditto Ferrari continuing to “Ferrari”.

How’s Ford doing?

They will be putting the engine in the Red Bulls in 2026. They better not fuck up, because the chassis/aero on the RB is streets ahead of the field.

I know literally next to nothing about car racing…you just reminded me of “Ford vs Ferrari” which I loved waaaay more than I expected to.

Also, the F1 Museum in BFE Argentina was fun to visit, while living in Mar del Plata we got a friend with a car to do a daytrip to Epoca de Quesos with a stopover at the museum. He was an older fella of Italian heritage so his main interests were women, booze, food and fast cars and not necessarily in that order. It was great to have him as museum docent and tell stories about various cars/drivers/races.

https://epocadequesos.com/

1 Like