Other Sports

The second best coach eventually landed in Barranquilla coaching my wife’s team, Junior. (Think Yunyor.)

I remarked on this to my mother in law the other day amd she said He beats women (true) and I don’t like that (understandable).

I mean, I don’t know if he still beats women.

The whole Me Too thing hasn’t quite arrived here as forcefully as one might hope.

Will the US ever produce a finisher?

ET again…

Hey, another Gold Cup, another total fuckjob by concacaf. Maybe this year we have the team to overcome it.

Gets kinda old, though, have to say.

Wow

WOW

Dude who scored in regular time plays for my team and the dude who scored the final penalty goal plays for Necktown.

He buried that final penalty. Impressive.

By the way, if you think Panama got fucked on that no call hand ball just wait until you see what they do to Jamaica in a few minutes.

I think Jamaica may be able to do that to themselves without any help.

Coco Carrasquilla has been by far the most impactful player on the sele for a while, certainly since he spent time in Spain. He won’t get any better playing in the MLS but he might get more confident. That’s sort of Godoy’s story.

Anyone interested in checking out a game from the comfort of your desk/couch/living room, they’re all being streamed via youtube - North American Floorball League - YouTube

2 Likes

Within the first two minutes of watching I saw some asshole from Ohio get a fighting penalty.

Did you see what he did? Took a swipe at the FTW guy with his stick after a little pushy-shovey.

Easy penalty.

ETA: I went out for beers with the guys that are refing this tournament. Two US officials and one Finnish referee who is pretty high ranking in the Floorball world. The bleach blonde ref in this game is Janne, the Fin.

1 Like

It took me a minute to figure out that there’s a black barrier around the whole court that keeps the ball in play. That changes things.

Yup, it’s about knee high, and really useful for bouncing passes off of.

Also of note, the floor is made specifically for floorball, it’s called Gerfloor. It’s a perfect combo of give and stick, the ball bounces and rolls well, but it’s soft enough that the goalies aren’t shredding their knees.

I would have played the shit out of this if it were available when I was young. We had a roller hockey group in town but I was never good at skating. This would have been so much better.

I’ve been playing since 04 or so, and will continue to until my body won’t let me anymore.

It’s super fun to play.

Can they just set it up in any gym or big building?