Other Sports

Your daughter is in high school already? What old man revelation is next? That Waldo is married with kids?

1 Like

She’s taking the last final of her junior year as we speak. We’re smack in the middle of the college search.

Good grief. Please make time stop.

2 Likes

FWIW Boston is a 3-0 victim in hockey… In 2010 they blew a 3-0 series lead to Philly and then in the deciding Game 7 they blew a 3-0 game lead in the 3rd period.

3 Likes

Good to know some things never change.

Is Awty still really good at futbol? Kincaid at lacrosse?

I second that.

I started lurking here (BFT) when my son was brand new and my daughter a twinkle. Now they are both in college. Sigh.

Several of my former teammates (and even the coach who got me into the wine industry) are Scottish, so I get the brawling. They were all avowed lovers of the “Glasgow Kiss”, which was a well timed - i.e. unexpected - head butt. Usually in the midst of some sort of altercation. Or just because folks were drinking.

I have spent more than half my life as a college graduate. Not too sure how to feel about that development.

I do not exactly remember/know when I discovered Kev and Scott’s site, but I think Mark was somewhere between 8 and 10. He now is 44.

Sigh.

1 Like

I am older now than you were when I met you. And you were the resident old man then.

I found it in 98. My daughter was 7 years from being born.

Spring/Summer of 1999 for me. It was my senior year of college and I had a full head of hair.

Same. Lurked until I finally posted something around when Ensberg et al got robbed in Kissimmee.

I think I was the resident old man the first day I posted, and near as I can tell, I have not gotten any younger.

What makes me laugh out loud, literally, is people who give me shit about being old. I do not mean good-natured teasing; I enjoy that. I mean people who attack me as though my age is some sort of disability I suffer, like the jerk who said I am in my “dotage.” Would those folks rather be dead before they are my age? I love being alive, and I consider my longevity a blessing for which I am grateful. Besides, an added benefit is knowing all of you.

9 Likes

I’ve not said it enough, but thanks for letting me eavesdrop all these years. I’ve learned a ton about baseball (and beer, cheese, and otherwise), and y’all have kept me linked to the 'Stros and my fond memories of growing up in Houston.

3 Likes

I have no idea why I remember this, but I do:

talk was about Carlos Lee and his stickhorse in the home dugout

somebody said “what would Jeff Bagwell mutter?”

I said “it’s a non-travelling stickhorse-shit show”

Kevin said that was HOF worthy. Again, I have no idea why/how I remember that.

2 Likes

That’s around the time I found it but I didn’t post more than 20 or 30 times the first 3 or 4 years.

Some of us ain’t that far behind and we all hope we never catch up.

1 Like

It’s finished, ready for Sunday’s home game. A new Instagram spot has been born.

The “Zaha, oh yes!” is pro-level trolling.