Other Sports

Fake news.

Spurs had an underachievement culture long before Pochettino arrived. In fact, he was a symptom rather than the cause.

1 Like

One of the best ever, and the all time greatest on clay courts.

1 Like

USMNT needs to spend an hour a day banging bouncing balls in the box until they learn how to keep them down.

I didn’t see the second USMNT goal, but the first was really something to be proud of, starting with Robinson’s work along the left touch line, Pulisic’s deft give-and-go, and Musah’s solid finish. It was nice to see.

1 Like

Aston-Martin is unveiling its new Generation 3 F1 car today…on the streets of Houston. Outside my office window.

2 Likes

Did Lance Stroll crash it on the notoriously curvy Houston streets?

I don’t think daddy let him have the keys today. Whoever it was just did a bunch of donuts in front of the fountain.

1 Like

Is nothing sacred?

When the sun finally set on the British Empire, some codgers sat around in their elephant tusk chairs crying about it until one of them pointed out that there was still enough weird British shit out there to keep the world fucked up for centuries.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Me, walking onto the playground with my “sixer” conker in my pocket:

2 Likes

Does anyone but Limey understand what this means?

2 Likes

Well, my understanding is that “conkers” are chestnuts (or possibly walnuts), and I’m guessing there’s a game where you put your conkers on strings and smack them together. The loser is the person whose conker fails first.

But that’s just a guess.

1 Like

Don’t give in to the madness.

2 Likes

Somewhere I’ve seen this game played…

1 Like

Nobody’s putting my conkers on strings.

2 Likes

…and England is losing its collective shit, forgetting that a foreign coach - Sarina Wiegman - delivered the only major tournament win in 60 years.

Well, not only is he not English, he’s German!

1 Like

He’s a regular George I.

2 Likes