Other Sports

I’ve got idiots here wanting to watch the Cowboys and other games, so I’m relegated to watching tennis on my phone, which is a terrible way to watch sports

A poke in the eye with a sharp stick is better than watching the Cowboys.

They’re cool about it, they were rooting for the Texans earlier. You can’t help who you grew up watching, I guess. Some of them are Ranger fans who also love the Astros. Which is weird and inexplicable.

As a Cowboys fan, I am offended. But also as a Cowboys fan, I know you’re right.

1 Like

Watching the Cowboys beat the hell out of Deshaun Watson and the Browns is kinda fun, I must say

1 Like

I root for the Texans too, I just left Houston as a 12 year old in 2004, so never became an actual fan. Anybody rooting for both the Astros and Rangers at this point should be shunned from both fanbases.

2 Likes

More to the point: they love Altuve and Yordan and Framber, wish they were Rangers. They if not like, they just said the respect the Astros. That’s it.

I really didn’t need the math on this.

1 Like

I am a Cowboys fan, but not JJ.

Speaking of things not needed. One of my friends has a daughter in her middle school years who said: “Mom, you don’t understand you were born in the 1900s.”

I didn’t need to know I was being referred to in that way.

1 Like

How could you not like JJ Watt?

Wrong JJ

Not for me.

When the Oilers left town, I tried to become a Cowboy fan. I liked the way Emmitt played. And was a fan of Emmitt but Jerry Jones was jerk and so creepy I was never ever to embrace the team. To be fair I’ve been a hot and cold fan of the Texans. They had me then lost me, now they have me back.

The Texans have been hard to support. For a long time, despite constantly face-planting into shit they occasionally came up with a peanut. However, eventually it became impossible to ignore the distain of ownership for the fans who filled the stadium despite the complete lack of interest in actually winning football games. I say this as a former Club Level season ticket holder.

A couple of seasons of a not full stadium seems to have cured ownership of that issue.

F1 night racing is setting up here in Singapore for next week. The entire metropolis is atwitter. It’s like a carbon copy of Vegas when I was there last year. I swear I see some of the same workers setting up. It looks like the supporting infrastructure (fences, stands, lighting, etc… is shipped from location to location in shipping containers and just reassembled in each locale. What a logistical marvel.

3 Likes

As long as Fredo can keep his stupid mouth shut and not hire any more weird ass youth ministers and put them in charge of football decisions the team has some players that are really easy to root for, and the head coach, despite yesterday’s miscues, is also awfully easy to like.

There’s one guy that’s not so easy to root for, but I guess every large family has at least one.

3 Likes

F1 night races are a sight to behold. Are you going to be around for it?

Famed F1 aerodynamicist Adrian Newey - designer of the (until very recently) all-conquering Red Bull cars - is leaving Red Bull. That has been known for a while. What wasn’t know is where he was going to end up.

It’s Aston Martin. Interesting.

That has been long suspected and pretty definite for a few weeks. I find it quite interesting and potentially a real game-changer for Aston Martin.

1 Like