Other Sports

This game was nuts.

Very respectable point today for Palace today, operating with half a bench due to transfer deadline rules.

I thought they might put in the winner right there at the end.

1 Like

Being an old school Palace fan, I was happy to see the ref end the game with us about to take a corner. That had Chelsea fast break winner written all over it.

1 Like

Liverpool absolutely undressing United. I love it.

1 Like

Time to break out a lettuce for Ten Haag?

I think the problems run deeper than that.

1 Like

Yep. Utd’s issues have long stemmed from the front office. But they haven’t figured it out for at least a decade so I don’t see them figuring it out now.

A problem exasperated constantly swapping out managers that need certain types of players leaving a squad that is a complete mishmash of players that don’t fit together.

1 Like

I didn’t have Ferrari genius race strategy on my bingo card today, but here we are.

In going through some things at my parents house, I found an old article from 1971 cut out from a Kansas City paper about my great uncle. On the back of the article, it had the box score from a San Diego Rockets basketball game.

That was when I learned Houston’s NBA team didn’t start out in Houston. I had just always assumed the rocket nickname went with the space center from the beginning.

1 Like

Yeah. It was a seamless transition… Not at all like the Jazz move from New Orleans to SLC.

1 Like

Taylor Fritz, a US American male tennis player, won his semifinal match in the US Open, making him the the first U.S. man to appear in a major final since Andy Roddick lost to Roger Federer at Wimbledon in 2009. If he can get past Jannik Sinner, Fritz would become the first U.S. man to win a Slam trophy since Roddick won his 21 years ago at the US Open.

ETA: the finals will be at 1:00PM tomorrow.

Of course us DirecTV folks won’t be able to watch that or the Astros tomorrow. Looks like it’s time to go back to sketchy internet streams. Thankfully casting and pop up blockers have improved

When Spectrum and Disney got into the same fight recently I found a site that’s solid. I felt no guilt, since I’m paying for a product they wouldn’t let me use.

If anyone’s interested I can PM it.

Wow! Fritz is up on Sinner (funny last name) 3 games to 2! USA USA USA!!

Sinner wins the next two and now leads 4-3

Sinner with the first set 6-3

Matthew McConaughey is a busy sports fan. Yesterday at the Horns game in Michigan, now at the US Open in Queens.

1 Like

Tied three games apiece in the second set.