Other Sports

…50 feet away from the ball

1 Like

The ref, like everyone else, assumed that Eze was going to cross the ball, not go for goal. And when you “assume”, you make an arse of things.

1 Like

All he had to do was nothing…not blow the whistle and let it play out

1 Like

Son of a bitch

Is this what it’s like to be a Palace fan…always?

1 Like

Not for the last few games of last season but, yeah, pretty much.

I think we’re clearly the better side, but they’ve had the benefit of every deflection and the referee.

Well, not every deflection, although they were certainly unlucky.

1 Like

Is this Chelsea v Man City match basically the Yankees vs Dodgers?

Sort of. But one of them is an actual champion.

3 Likes

Nice.

Spurs are still Spursy.

72/28 possession split. Leicester 1 shot on target. 1-1.

1 Like

Leicester could have won it if Vardy had finished that absolutely beautiful opportunity that he was provided at the end. Speaking of which, surely that was a second shot on goal, right?

1 Like

@Limey

Why are Palace selling Anderson? I loved him his one year at Fulham and always seems to play well when I’ve watched him with Palace. Price seems a bit low for a starting CB that’s only 28.

I’m very excited to have him back at the Cottage. Him and Bassey will form a really good partnership, I think.

The £30 million deal I saw being reported doesn’t sound that bad to me. Apparently he has 2 years left on his contract, so maybe now is the time when Palace can get the peak return for him. Waiting a year until he has only 1 year left, is 29 and isn’t exactly speedy as it is, would see him return much less in the transfer market.

Otherwise, it could be that Glasner doesn’t see him as a fit for his “total football” tactics.

I will be sorry to see Joa leave, but I hope this means is that the club is confident that Guéhi is staying. Palace has a positive balance of £50 million on transfers so far this summer; so there is even less interest/pressure to sell than there was before.

1 Like

I’m guessing Richards steps in as fulltime starter now?

Maybe. There are reports of Palace (and others) being interested in Chelsea’s Chalobah, who is believed to be available.

Chelsea is going to have to have a fire sale before the window closes, and Chalobah came up through the Chelsea youth system at the same time as Guéhi, so there may be some synergy there (or they may hate each other).

Also, Palace already signed Chadi Riad, so he will be in the mix. Glasner typically plays 3 CBs, so there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone with rotations.

Definitely available, just a matter of asking price. I waned Fulham to go after him

1 Like

He’s bringing in Jamie Tartt, but not as a striker

1 Like

Nervy times for Palace fans. Not just because there is still 8 days for the plundering of our talent, but also because this fucking chancer is selling 45% of the club.

The fact that he has multiple offers is interesting. Steve Parish retains control of decision-making for the club, despite now being a minority stakeholder, so the fact that people still want in means that the club’s finances must be in good shape. The product on the field is without doubt the best it’s ever been in 163 years of the club’s existence.

Ipswich went 1-0 up at Man City after 7 mins. Citeh scored 3 goals in 4 mins. 3-1 after 16 mins total in the game.

Now you’re just making up words.