Other Sports

Johnson City won the A or 2A baseball championship not that long ago.

Look for the sign(s) next time you’re driving through town.

This is a sentiment that will be echoed by fans of every team at some point. It is a feature of modern football though and, I presume, the theory is that you gain more than you lose by doing it.

Like hitting on 16 against the dealer’s 10; it feels stupid and profligate because you “always” lose, but the stats say to do it every time.

Lamar Little League of Rosenberg was the East TX winner. They beat the crap out of Westbury Little League in every tournament in every age group.

1 Like

Memorial Ashford LL got our asses kicked in round 2 or 3 as I remember.

Still have the hat, though. '86 All Star

3 Likes

Westbury LL won the Little League World Series in 1966. A friend of mine’s big brother was on that team and he came home suddenly all cocky. He started acting like a big shot, making fun of us for reading comic books, building forts and playing army.

1 Like

The only Texas little league to win a LLWS.

1 Like

I joined Westbury American LL as a Pee Wee in 1967. I still remember all the hoopla.

A team from Houston won in 1950 also.

I did not know that. Thanks!

I guess that was before it was international.

Texas was runnerup 1951 (Austin) , 1960, 1961, 2000, and 2017.

The Austin team:

North Austin Lions Little League

Austin, Texas

Jay Arnette Sam Bowman
Billy Cartwright Alton Greeven
Billy Hammer Lester Kitchen
Charles LeNoir Harvey Mabry
Gregg Martin Tom Miller
Delbert Moberg Robert Nunez
Don Renner Wilbur Urbain

Having just watched the highlights of their return to the EPL, my contempt for Southampton has been fully rekindled. What a loathsome little club.

Arsenal won and I got to go here. Good day

4 Likes

Boo Arsenal, but I’m glad you’re having a great time.

The problem with arsenal is they always try to walk it in

Well they did score the 2nd most goals in the league last year.

Excited to see what Daichi Kamada can do today. Also, I think today represents the most talented bench Palace has ever had. Copa finalist Jefferson Lerma and former season MVP Cheick Doucouré are both available subs - both would’ve started every game last season if not for injury.

25 minutes into Palace’s 24/25 season, and I’m already furious. Why do I do this?

I’m at a loss to comprehend why the ref blew the whistle while the ball was in the air on that free kick

1 Like

Moreover, why he thought Hughes had fouled the guy who had him in a bear hug.

Chris Richards has been hitting the gym.