Other Sports

Some coaches fit better with the part time role, while some successful club coaches have shit the bed as national team managers. Not saying that Poch is going to be successful, but you never know.

He took SPURS of all teams to a champions league final

1 Like

Yeah, but they lost. Proving that the gravitational force of Spurs and/or Kane is inescapable.

1 Like

The Premier League is back! Kicks off at 2pm this afternoon with Man Utd hosting Fulham on USA Network.

1 Like

I predict a low scoring game.

I’ve Captained Garnacho in my fantasy team, so 0-0 is guaranteed.

So is the Little League WS on espn.

I haven’t seen a Texas team involved yet, but you know there has to be at least one.

I saw on the San Antonio news that the Boerne Little League was going to be the team from Texas

1 Like

Oh wow! Awesome.

Didn’t they used to break Texas up into 2 regions? Say, you’d see an East TX/West TX?

Won 9-0 yesterday v. PA.

1 Like

Was with some people from Boerne last night and apparently the team in the LLWS has divided the town. Essentially, people are upset that the team selected was/is a select team that did not enter LL until the 11th hour, with a very good Boerne LL team getting bypassed. Maybe sour grapes but there you have it. Whatever the case, that kid pitching last night has a sweet delivery.

1 Like

Good to see that, in an ever-changing world, Adama Traoré can still be relied upon to offer no end product.

1 Like

Do United always get the season opener, the way Cincy used to get the baseball opener?

It probably seems that way, but it’s not anything official.

Each game week is drawn by the fixture computer (allegedly), and then the TV companies set about shuffling the days and times of the individual matches to suit themselves.

Think MLB playoffs, but every week.

If true, that is horrible. I wonder if anyone will complain to the LL governing body?

2 Likes

Hmmm…

I have relatives around there, and this is the first I’ve heard about any of this.

Baseball is big in Boerne, the high school Greyhounds won the state 5A championship in 2023.

1 Like

Update: Garnacho isn’t on the pitch. :roll_eyes:

Article has some info on the selection process for Boerne LL team.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/boerne-all-stars-try-extend-perfect-postseason-19656382.php

1 Like

Fulham needs to stop all of the cutesy stuff in the back.