Other Sports

Without intending to impugn the ever-improving state of US soccer, Southgate might be better suited to helming a team looking to punch above its weight than one stacked with show horses that need to be harnessed.

1 Like

Is the USMNT really stacked? Who would start for any of the Euro semi finalists?

I think that may have been his point.

1 Like

Perhaps I got it backward

1 Like

Yep.

I hear there is a division II american football opening he is willing to take. Trying to do the reverse Lasso

2 Likes

I think Tiger coming back to compete after that car accident was incredible.

But he’s now in his “Willie Hays with the Mets” phase. It’s time to stop.

1 Like

The TV coverage deciding to cover him doing anything including taking a shit is not helping. There are plenty of former champions who are not going to make the cut, and we don’t get wall-to-wall coverage of them…

2 Likes

Colin Montgomerie is going to have the last laugh here.

1 Like

Well, of course they are going to cover him, he is one of the 3 or 4 greatest golfers in the history of the sport and is now well in to the twilight of his career.

You didn’t get the same coverage of Jack Nicklaus. They used to show him tee off on #1 and putt out on #18.

1 Like

Yeah, but there was no internet and only 3 or 4 networks during the bulk of Nichlaus’s career. Add in the fact that the hype machine has become more finely turned over the years.

1 Like

So is your point that they should show him respect by not covering his shitty play?

Basically, yes.

Also, Rory McIlroy.

Yeah, no.

1 Like

There’s a pretty big difference there given that all Rory had to do to win the last major was avoid choking on his own vomit.

1 Like

We’re not even sure whose vomit it was. You can’t dust for vomit.

1 Like

I’m enjoying watching the LIV golfers eating shit so far this weekend.

1 Like

Will Zalatoris is having trouble finding the hole this week.

No, this will never get old.

It must be a miserable experience waiting for your tee time, watching the field tear up the course on one screen and the horrific incoming weather map on the other.