Other Sports

So Rolex thought that a good idea for a commercial was simply to have a guy read a thesaurus. Umm…ok.

The weather at The Ooen today has been like throwing out a safety car with 10 laps to go. Everyone gets to catch up the Shaner gets fucked in the pit stop.

Hey, Hoerschel, Schaaufle, and Brown were playing in the same conditions, and they didn’t melt down (although I still don’t really understand how Brown escaped). And if there were any justice in that game, Lowry would have had a 10 on 18 instead of a 5. If you hit a ball from behind the stands and slice it so badly that it lands IN the stands, you should not get a free drop to fix your problem.

1 Like

Yeah, I posted before the #18 meltdown. And I agree on smacking one into the grandstands - how the fuck that’s not OB I don’t know.

Speaking of rain-affected events, Ricciardo may have ended Perez’ career at Red Bull.

Or, more accurately, Perez has ended his career at Red Bull and Ricciardo is standing behind him with a trademark huge grin.

ETA: McLaren clearly has the fastest car. It’s overdue for the team and drivers to turn that speed into victories.

1 Like

I was airborne and missed qualifying. Looks like Perez’s career belongs in the Dead Pool thread. How does he not get out of Q1?

1 Like

He hit the wall hard. It was tricky conditions, but Sargent was the only other driver to bin it into the wall, and he barely grazed it. Perez hit so hard that he destroyed one side of his car and triggered the G sensor that dispatched the medical car.

It’s not just the lack of points, this is his third major wreck in qualifying in, what, four GPs? The repairs are hitting Red Bull’s spending cap.

I was backon…backon…backon the roof again

1 Like

What’s the forecast for Troon tomorrow? I enjoy watching these guys suffer. I just wish they had to pay full price for their errant shots, rather than having them knocked down by temporary structures or gallery members.

The weather is supposed to be pretty benign all day but…you know…Scotland.

Max Verstappen: leading the driver’s championship by a country mile, yet still the victim of his own story.

Watching in real time McLaren actively trying to rat-fuck a comfortable 1-2 finish is quite a thing.

Shaping up to be a fun back 9 at the Open

1 Like

Find someone who looks at you the way Luke Donald looks at the Claret Jug.

There are so many players around the lead that this is a TV director’s worst nightmare.

1 Like

Front half of the back nine’s gonna front half of the back nine.

1 Like

Schauffele took care of that issue. What a round.

3 Likes

Yeah. When all the others were hitting a wall after the turn, he went through it like the Kool Aid Man.

2 Likes

I didn’t see this on the telecast. Did Scheffler have to play with his dick out on 18 after not getting it past the ladies’ tee? x.com

1 Like