Other Sports

My guess is they have other people in charge of the turf for this event.

The Euros are back, baby!

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 9.27.18 AM

Two mouth-watering matchups.

¡Que viva España!

Germany has been lauded for its performance this tournament, but much of this is based on a prolific goal tally, but much of that is based on sticking 5 past a woeful Scotland.

Spain is legit. I expect to see the hosts tumble today.

In the other game, we have France the team who can’t score vs. Portugal the team who can’t defend. The movable object meets the resistible force.

Anthony Taylor is really fucking this one up. It could have all been avoided if he had enough guts to pull a yellow on that first Kroos “tackle”.

1 Like

Anthony Taylor fucking up a game of football is as predictable as there being a football in a game of football.

It’s notable that the glaringly worst officials at the Euros are the ones from the PGMOL.

Let’s see what Germany has in response to that…

Should be down to 10 now, but noooooo…

1 Like

1-0 games are boring, amiright?

Holding…#11, defense. Five yard penalty…

Kai Havertz may be the most frustrating athlete ever. Blessed with all the attributes required to excel at the job…except the final touch.

Wow! For Spain, that was the Wirtz thing that could’ve happened.

Is t that like being a gifted pilot except for landings?

2 Likes

What an outSTANDING game of football. If France - Portugal comes anywhere close to that level of entertainment, it will be wonderful (before England bores everyone shitless tomorrow morning).

Pretty much.

I think they’re going to be missing two back-line starters on Tuesday, right?

I imagine any team getting into the semi-finals is going to be missing a few starters.

It sucks, but it’s still better than resetting the cards before the quarter-finals and having star players suspended for the final (see Gazza, crying).

So Spain vs Germany…who won? I’ve looked at several articles and half said Spain won, half said Germany won. Don’t tell me it was a fucking tie.

Germany equalized late in regular time to take the game to extra time.

Spain scored late in extra time to win it when penalties looked like a certainty.

Hey Siri! What’s French for “snake bit”?