Other Sports

On the bench. But the way this game is trending, I won’t be surprised if they bring him in for a tactical bite.

Tonight’s referee makes Angel Hernandez look like Solomon

2 Likes

They may only need a little nibble.

We go to the half up 1-0, which is better than some of the alternatives that occur to me. We’ve missed on plenty of chances a better team would have driven home, and of course Bolivia has completely flubbed any number of chances, mostly due to our unreal sloppiness, a better team would have driven home.

I know you you guys will be pleased to hear this given the circumstances, but not having Coco Carrasquilla in the middle directing all of these idiots makes a HUGE difference. I knew it would, but it’s really stark, shocking, almost, the difference. In retrospect maybe our best player shouldn’t have kicked your best player for no real reason.

It’s also painfully apparent that we lack any decent attacking wings. We have some guys who are OK with the ball and have some speed, but their instincts are horrible. They’ll receive the ball with their back to the goal, a defender near, and the middle of the field is wide ass open for them to get into and cause some chaos yet they invariably turn towards the sideline. It’s pretty annoying.

Of course I hope fervently that we make it out of the group stage, but holy shit if we do are we going to get smoked against Colombia (probably) or Brazil. And that’s OK I guess, paso a paso.

Oh and I’m only ten seconds ahead of FS2 tonight rather than twenty and that’s annoying me, too.

Been impressed with the level of physicality in the first half, although I’d recommend Berhalter dialing up the USA Rugby coaching staff toute suite for some advice for the second half.

Just saw the replay of the Panama goal. That was pretty deft.

It was pretty nice.

Our game features three female refs, as a matter of interest.

What a shame.

How was that not offsides?

That’s baseball.

1 Like

I mean soccer.

I haven’t seen it and will watch it later but everyone I’m listening to says it was offsides.

The guy who eventually scored was onside when the free kick was taken, but the ball was played off the head of another guy, and when that guy headed it the eventual scorer was behind everybody. Turner blocked the header and then Joe Offsides knocked the rebound in.

Admittedly, I don’t follow closely but I can’t imagine Berhalter continuing as coach.

1 Like

This game was lost when Balugon had to leave. He’s the only guy who can actually put the ball in the net.

He should be fired before he can even get to the press conference.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day around here. If Colombia wins against or ties Brazil, they play Panama in Phoenix. For those of you not following along, my wife is Colombian and we live within striking distance of Phoenix.

Does Daniel have a team preference between the two? As a tie breaker, if needed.

He could not give less of a shit about sports and that saddens me in the present but I’m aware of how much productive time it’ll free up when he’s older.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was wildly offsides. I’m really happy that we made it to where it didn’t matter.