Other Sports

A Czechian attacker got two yellow cards within about ten minutes.

Thanks.

Czechia - currently sitting bottom of the group and out - has a man sent off (2 yellows). And the game is descending into chaos as Czechian players - aggrieved at the sending off - are working the ref hard to get a Turk sent off too.

In the other game, Georgia are clinging on to their 1-goal lead against an onslaught from Portugal’s reserves.

As it stands:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 3.01.19 PM

This would see Georgia through and Hungary sent home.

ETA: Hungary has been hanging around waiting to see if they will be resurrected. This isn’t like a golfer waiting a few holes to see if he made a playoff, this has been days. This whole format is fucking stupid.

Türkiye scores and finally breaks Czechia’s gutsy defense.

More controversy as the Czechian goalie was hurt when saving a prior shot in what was a 4 or 5 shot sequence by Türkiye. Should the referee have stopped the game? My take: no. It wasn’t a head injury, so playing on was the only call the ref. had.

Now, Türkiye needs 3 more goals to leapfrog Portugal and take the top spot.

Georgia now 2-up on Portugal.

Türkiye needs 2 more goals to take the top spot now. As an England fan, I truly hope that doesn’t happen.

ETA: And then Czechia scores!

If you want to know how the ref is doing, he’s channeling the ghost of Angel Hernandez.

You sure it isn’t Angel? He’s available.

1 Like

How the group stands:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 3.36.19 PM

Czechia probably needs more than one goal here, as one will tie them with Georgia on Pts, GD, F, meaning that the card count comes into play which cannot be in their favor after today.

Two Turks fall over, handle the ball three times (two inside the area) and the ref gives a free kick against Czechia. Wow!

This so bad that we are at the point where you have to assume corruption.

1 Like

The game finally ends, it all kicks off among the players and the referee starts waving his cards around like it’s a semaphore competition.

The best quote I saw about England - after the Denmark game - was that the £500 million midfield was bossed by a guy who died at the last Euros.

Rockets take Reed Sheppard - “best shooter in the draft”

1 Like

I have no problem with this.

Broadcasting golf.

I’m so tired of stupid fucking decisions by USMNT players. There seems to be nothing they can’t fuck up.

And then Balogun comes back with an amazing strike

1 Like

And now the air-tight defense adds its contribution.

This will be a deeply stupid game