Other Sports

Grown up Neville Longbottom

Wow, the proverbial ugly duckling.

I don’t reckon anyone’s going to declare Group C the Group of Death unless maybe they mean bored to death.

1 Like

Group ZZZ

6 matches and 7 goals. Incredible

1 Like

Germany outscored group c

Mbappe played in 2 matches.

1 Like

This is where we point out that Limey didn’t specify exactly what was coming home.

I haven’t seen anyone in the CA that looks invincible, not Argentina, certainly not Brazil.

Slovakia goes 1-up on Romania, which puts them top of the group and would send Romania home if this holds. Belgium and Ukraine are deadlocked at 0-0, with both somewhat on the bubble in that progression is not guaranteed if either is defeated.

…and no sooner had I clicked the button, Romania tie up Slovakia which brings Romania up in the group and pushes Ukraine into the basement.

ETA: Holy shit! That one goal moves Romania from last to first in the group.

Before Romania’s goal:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 11.44.10 AM

After Romania’s goal:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 11.44.19 AM

Ukraine just botched a golden opportunity.

1 Like

The Ukraine front line have my on-the-ball skills. And there’s a reason I always played on the back line.

1 Like

Belgium fans must regard Lukaku as we did Abreu: a decent fellow with an impressive past who has no place on the field today.

He has always had a frustratingly low conversion rate for “on a plate” chances.

1 Like

Belgium living on a knife edge here. Concede and they’re out.

Slovakia and Romania finish at a walking pace, the draw suiting them both. Belgium hangs on against Ukraine, who go out while Belgium books a date with France.

Ukraine’s 4 points like to be the most earned by an eliminated team.

Group F only remains unfinished, and the last round kicks off in 45 mins.

Portugal is through and virtually unassailable as group winner. Türkiye (3pts), Czechia (1pt) and Georgia (1pt) are fighting for the last spot or spots, the first two of whom face off against each other in the match to watch.

The other teams involved here are Slovenia and Hungary as either or both of Czechia and Georgia could leapfrog them for a place in the Ro16.

Here’s the “wild card” table as it stands:

And BOOM! Georgia takes an instant lead over Portugal’s B team.

I’m bouncing between Astros and Turkey/Czechia. Apparently, Czechia are down to 10 men, but I missed it. Anybody know what happened?

1 Like