Other Sports

The only problem with that post is that recently the Stanley Cup playoffs have been sitting on a couch deciding which shitty team I like a little more and rooting for them.

2 Likes

I refuse to accept that teams from Florida, Arizona, Nevada, California, and Texas are allowed to compete for — much less possess — the Stanley Cup.

3 Likes

Austria currently 1-0 up on the Netherlands, which puts them top of Group D. The other game is Poland-France.

Netherlands has 4 points already though which, by my math, means they are already through as - at worst - one of the four 3rd place teams. My math being that Croatia and Hungary have 2 and 3 points respectively, so anyone with more than 3 points in through as long as they don’t finish last in their group.

No, it’s not lost on me that this applies to England too.

I think it’s becoming apparent that those places are where the good players want to live.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

It seems unlikely the Polish keeper can keep this up for a full 90 minutes, but he’s been ridiculous so far.

The Dutch equalize quickly after the start of the 2nd half, meaning they jump from 3rd to 1st and Austria drops from 1st to 3rd. France remains 2nd, tied 0-0 with Poland.

Completely unnecessary foul in the box by a Polish defender gives France a 1-0 lead after Mbappe converts from the spot.

1 Like

And Austria re-takes the lead against the Netherlands. Group D is like a food mixer right now.

NED-AUT is just a crazy game

And the Netherlands re-ties the score and then Austria scores again.

Cracking match this.

Wow

Nope offside

I concur

Meanwhile, Poland has equalized against France, so Austria is now back top of the group.

Group D final:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 1.00.12 PM

France is fortunate that they will play the Runner Up from the weak - on paper - Group E.

The left side of the bracket is brutal.

2pm kickoffs today

Denmark vs. Serbia is probably the game for neutrals. The Danes need just a point to confirm a place in the next round, but Serbia has to win.

England vs. Slovenia. The former is through but really wants to win while the latter needs a point to guarantee another game.

Southgate runs out the same team…and gets the same result. Who knew?

Did Palmer boink Southgate’s daughter or something?

1 Like

I’m still amazed Neville Longbottom grew up to become England’s striker