Other Sports

I’m hoping that the plan was to conserve energy in the first half while hoping the Italians tired themselves, snd then come out guns blazing in the second half.

1 Like

Well Croatia just forced a penalty and Modrič of all people missed it. But then, in the following open play, Modrič scores.

Football, eh?

1 Like

Pretty standard procedure, really. Keep in tight, make sure you don’t lose it early, then pounce in the second half and take more risks

1 Like

Live Group B table:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 3.16.45 PM

3 points and -1 GD is unlikely to be enough to earn a 3rd place rescue for Italy.

Me, being unintelligent about these things (but nothing else, I assure you) asks what the “form” column means

Last 5 games (but there only being 2 currently in this competition).

Green stripe is a win, red stripe is a loss and a dot is a draw.

Just in case anyone needs it:

GP = Games Played
W = Wins
D = Draws
L = Losses
F = Goals Scored (“For”)
A = Goals Conceded (“Against”)
GD = Goal Difference (F - A)
Pts = Points
Form = See above

Remember, for the 3rd place finishers, the tie breakers go Pts, GD, F, W and then yellow/red cards. Italy’s 2 goals scored is a big weakness for their chances of resurrection.

1 Like

The thing about those form gadgets (e.g., WWLDW) is that I never know which end is for the most recent contests.

1 Like

Croatia cannot withstand another 25 minutes of this kind of pressure. They have to have some spells of control.

1 Like

Oldest to Newest is always Left to Right.

2 Likes

Very fun 2nd half. Anything interesting happening in the other game (I haven’t flipped over in a while)?

I haven’t looked. I assume that Spain are just toying with Albania.

According to a live text feed I have up, Spain has taken its foot off the gas notably and Albania has had some chances. Still sits at 1-0 Spain, though.

Wow.

Holy shit

If Italy somehow ever played Real Madrid, they’d only have to play the last minute of the game.

2 Likes

Fitting for Ian to be in the booth with Landon for that one

How Group B ended:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 4.03.42 PM

Croatia’s 2 points is looking weak for getting into the Ro16. There are three 3rd-placed teams with 3 points and only 4 spots.

That was a ludicrous finish

“the last kick of the match” as the announcer said

Scotland was formally eliminated in similar circumstances; losing 1-0 to Hungary to a goal in the 100th minute.

Nothing rips your heart right out of your chest quite like the beautiful game

1 Like