Other Sports

I’m rooting for a multi-goal draw

eta: lol…I was about 10 minutes behind due to a beerrun and was not expecting Turkey to give away 2 freebies in about 5 minutes

1 Like

Well that escalated quickly.

1 Like

Or deteriorated.

1 Like

I think the ref needs halftime more than either team.

1 Like

No kidding. He’s lost.

I wonder if any of Ronaldo’s teammates stand around flapping their arms when he misses a pass.

1 Like

Zach Efron having a busy game in goal for Romania.

I think Romanian forwards are batting 1.000 on making the wrong choice.

As an amateur lip reader, I can confirm that Kevin De Bruyne swears in English even when playing for Belgium.

Also, “Trossard” is Flemish for “a man who like to be alone with his thoughts”.

I know Memo Ochoa is like a million years old, but this keeper ain’t it.

How is that different than what you’d call the English keeper looking at his back 7?

1 Like

Euro group last rounds starting now. Scotland vs. Hungary is essentially an elimination match as which we team fails to win is out. If both fail to win - ie draw - both are out.

If there is a winner, they’ll still needs the simultaneous Germany-Switzerland game result to go the right way.

But the SCO-HUN match is the one to watch.

My guys play Uruguay in the Copa America tonight. In the recent world cup qualifications we’ve played and beaten some Caribbean countries that scarcely have a population large enough to field a futbol team. The wins were not particularly convincing. The head coach, a very much non idiot for a change, half Danish half Spanish, said something along the lines of If we don’t pull our heads out of our asses when we get to the Copa America we’re going to sufrir. He is not wrong.

1 Like

…or not. My goodness both teams are dire.

Elsewhere, the Swiss take the lead against Germany which puts them top of the group. If the score holds, Germany - one of the favorites - will be teleported to the other side of the bracket and face a group winner in the Ro16.

It would also render the other game moot.

Correction. Both the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Group A will face a group runner up in the Ro16. Jeez this new format is fucked up!

Winner A vs. Runner Up C - which could be anyone from that group of England, Denmark, Serbia and Slovenia.

Runner Up A vs. Runner Up B - which is probably Italy.

So, on that basis, you still want to win the group to play whoever limps out of Group C.

Wow. Scotland.

Group A ends with an injury time exchange of Nauer at full stretch clawing away a goal-bound rocket from Xhaka before Germany went up the other end to head home an equalizer.

So Germany top the group and will play the runner up of Group C to be decided Tuesday. Switzerland will play the runner up in Group B to be decided tomorrow.

Hungary heads home not really having troubled the scorers, and Scotland has been sent homeward tae think again.

Tonight I’m going to see Elvis for the 500th time so I’ll only be able to watch the first half which will likely be more than enough to allow me to capture the essence of the match.

Earlier this week I was visiting a family member at his Assisted Living facility.

There was a husband/wife music duo (she was vocals/keyboard, he was guitar/ engineer).

Probably a crowd of residents of 18 or so. They all loved the Elvis songs.

I did too for that matter.

Fubo update: the image quality is total fine on the non-broadcast channels, but Fox looks like streaming on dial-up. It’s acceptable on a smaller screen, but even a Sony - which I think has the best image processing in the business - can’t fix such a poor quality stream on a big screen.