Other Sports

I don’t think it’s intentional; it just looks like it. Because there’s nothing to stop Denmark rocking up 25 yards from our goal, it results in everyone - including Kane - being compressed into that small section of the pitch.

When we get the ball back, there’s nowhere to go with it.

Southgate has the pick of the nation and an embarrassment of riches, and he has so many players playing out of position that it’s a complete mess.

I’d like to blame that one on Pickford, but it was an amazing strike.

1 Like

Can’t even park the bus. :roll_eyes:

Incredible strike by Hjulmand

What is this referee’s deal?

This England formation is an absolute joke. It was obvious from very early in the Serbia game and here we are repeating the same behavior…

Has anybody ever replaced their coach(es) during the tournament? Or is that as fixed as the roster?

1 Like

I only remember Bellingham with one touch in the attacking third. That seems suboptimal.

Southgate has seen this not work for 135 minutes. How much more time does he need? This formation gets absolutely shredded in the knockout stages, if it gets there…

Fun Fact: Southgate’s contract expires after this tournament, and the English FA has thus far declined to extend it.

We’re coming home…

Two out of three ain’t bad.

After watching England earlier, I’m trying to imagine them trying to break this Spanish press or withstand their persistent attack. It’s hard to see.

England usually falls to the first decent team they play. The way this team is set up, it will get demolished by the first decent team they play.

More coordinated than the England midfield.

https://www.threads.net/@dictatesports/post/C8eUF7Hg87D

1 Like

Work keeps getting in the way of enjoying this fun Poland/Austria match

1 Like

As the comms pointed out, every game at these finals so far has been a joy…except England.

She is not wrong.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 12.25.15 PM

3 Likes

Man, imagine giving away a penalty by getting kicked in the face. I would never want to be a keeper

1 Like

Poland has come apart at the seams.