Other Sports

If UEFA is good for one thing, it’s teaching Europeans Brits where all the former Soviet states are.

3 Likes

That French kit should be Palace’s change kit for this season.

France sprinted out of the blocks but are going to be lucky to still be level at halftime. Austria clearly not getting the memo.

Austria scores! An own goal…

Shame for them. They’d worked so hard…

The French defenders need to exhibit some interest in their jobs.

And, naturally, France turn around and benefit from an own goal.

1 Like

Meanwhile, French defenders…

images

1 Like

Sorry to make you find countries you actually didn’t colonize/invade.

3 Likes

“Are we the baddies?”

2 Likes

This match is being refereed in the style of Angel Hernandez. So incompetent that it’s impossible to tell if they’re crooked.

1 Like

1 Like

Some of the cards were just so so bad. Like, “are you even watching the match?” bad.

1 Like

…and he left Mbappé poleaxed on the ground with blood pouring out of his face.

The subsequent card for Mbappé walking back onto the field just to lay down was spot on, though. The one to Baumgartner was astonishingly wrong.

Good God, man. Have some pride and shave it.

1 Like

Turkey vs. Georgia (yeah, I need help) is delightfully tactics free. There’s been at least eleventy shots on either goal in the first ten minutes alone.

The comms just described as being like a basketball game.

Is it on TV other than FuboTV?

Fubo or Sling only, it seems.

FYI, I recently switched to Fubo from YouTube TV. The YT TV app was really annoying to use, not least of which was its habit of showing you TV when you open the app on Apple TV - juuuuust long enough for you to start to make commands with the remote - only for it to go blank for a few seconds. Not earth-shattering by any means, but just really annoying.

Anyway, Fubo costs the same, has my local channels plus more futbol than any human being can consume, and all my other regularly watched channels too. There is less 4K available, but my decision to switch regardless says more about the YT TV app than anything else.

Well Turkey-Georgia provided almost as much entertainment as the rest of the tournament combined. I’ll post the highlights when they’re available.

Meanwhile, Portugal vs. Czech Republic is about to kick off (on Fox) and could be similarly entertaining. Portugal doesn’t know how to not score and doesn’t know how to defend. Hilarity may well ensue.

Lively game so far. It’s pissing down in Leipzig, which always adds to the fun. Portugal are delightful flooding forward with skill and purpose, but on the one or two occasions when Czechia - as everyone now seems to be calling them - managed to get past the Portuguese midfield, they looked like scoring.

Portugal has had a player booked for diving, too. Fun!

I must be hopelessly out of the loop because I hadn’t heard of this until I read it in the sports section today.

2 Likes

Same here. I thought that maybe it was Chechnya and I was losing my mind.

Why the Czech Republic will change its name to ‘Czechia’ - NZ Herald.

1 Like