Other Sports

Meanwhile, Palace have score five…FIVE …absolute bangers.

Brighton losing. It’s happening…

West Ham pull one back again. Still need another AND for Arsenal to score though

Edit: nevermind scores off the arm. No goal

Arsenal finally do their part and lead Everton but doesn’t really matter with City winning

So this happened. Brighton lose 0-2, Palace win 5-0.

I’ll be in my bunk. For quite sometime.

1 Like

­Verstappen wins in Italy, but Norris was less than a second behind him.

Leclerc rounded out the platform for hometown Ferrari.

1 Like

I took 62 laps of a 63 lap race for a challenge to the leader appear, but appear it did. McLaren has announced its upgrades with authority.

While Max is still going to be hard to topple from #1 in the drivers’ championship, Red Bull may come to rue dragging around a Checko-shaped lump of dead weight for the constructors’ championship.

McLaren has a very competitive car and two fantastic young drivers. Game on!

:notes: Champions League…you’re ‘avin’ a laugh! :musical_note:

Palace’s bright young star…no, not that one…no, not that one either…I mean Adam Wharton…has been called up to England’s provisional squad for the Euros. Hopefully we’ll see him get some minutes in the upcoming friendlies.

Palace had four players named to the England squad: Henderson, Guéhi, Wharton and Eze. A tally that is matched only by Man City and Liverpool.

Realistically, England’s midfield is so stacked currently that Wharton is highly unlikely to make the cut down squad for the tournament. Even Eze is on the bubble but at least his in the mix - the likes of Rashford and Sterling didn’t even make it this far.

Hendo and Guéhi should make it though, there being much less competition at their positions.

The French squad is yet to be announced, but Olise and perhaps Mateta could be named.

Pochettino out at Chelsea. This is my surprised face.

1 Like

Yeah just keep changing managers every 6-12 months. That’ll fix it.

1 Like
1 Like

In the Europa League final today, Bayer Neverloosen…lost. Atalanta beat them 3-0, ending Leverkusen’s 51-game unbeaten streak.

If United hold this lead, will they feel compelled to retain ten Haag? That would be hilarious.

1 Like

They fired van Gaal after winning the final in 2016 (with a giant fucking assist from Mark Fuckenberg - but I’m not bitter), and many still think that was ten Hag’s last game in charge.

The Monaco GP could be interesting. Ferrari and McLaren have closed out the front two rows and Verstappen - who doesn’t seem to have the pace to keep up with them - is 6th on the grid. With the track being notoriously difficult on which to overtake, pit stops and safety cars are going to be crucial.

Are we going to see the return of Mad Max as he puts everyone at risk while he dive bombs corners desperate to make a pass? He lines up alongside George Russell on the third row, which means the amount of quarter that will be allowed at turn 1 on lap 1 will be none. Absolutely, fucking none.

Meanwhile, Perez’ seat has to be in jeopardy after he qualified 18th. If Ferrari and McLaren are going to keep doubling up on points in the constructors championship, Red Bull have no chance of keeping up just on Max’ points.

You nailed it. I like Red Bull and I like Perez well enough as a person, but he cannot keep his seat with that kind of drive (and blame-shifting).

1 Like

Tsunoda is bucking for a promotion from Red Bull Lite. He’s been surprisingly quick this season.

K-Mag was over-caffeinated at the start of the Monaco GP and took out three cars including himself. One of his victims was Perez in the Red Bull, for whom I have zero sympathy because he’s in the fastest car and shouldn’t be anyone’s that shit fight at the back of the grid.

There were three separate incidents before the entire train had completed a single sector of the lap; two of which involved teammate on teammate action.

The race was stopped under a red flag. Might take a while to get this restarted.

Lots of noise and reporting that Pep is leaving Man City at the end of next season.

1 Like