Other Sports

It’s coming home.

Meanwhile, in Gloucester:

1 Like

The charges against Scottie Scheffler were dropped, to absolutely no surprise.

2 Likes

Auburn wins the men’s golf national championship lead by Freshman Jackson Koivun.

This is how he finished his match

https://x.com/golfchannel/status/1795980683053027679?s=46&t=upnJSWvKCTulUIbTfaL0yg

2 Likes

World number 1 Nelly Korda with a 10 on a par 3 today at the US Women’s Open. Oof!

https://x.com/flushingitgolf/status/1796210656946913770?s=46

1 Like

Luka Dončić is pretty good.

I hate his style of basketball. Let’s just bull our way in here and then jump into somebody.

And throw a fit every time they don’t call a foul after you slam in to them.

He complains when he gets the call

But slightly less!

My Mavs fan buddy has been upset with me for years because I call Luka “white Harden”

They are the same player, Luka is a better version in the playoffs but same style of player.

1 Like

This is the very definition of the “he’s out of line, but he’s right” meme.

1 Like

He didn’t like me saying the Mavs now are the 2018 Rockets but they don’t have to try to beat the Warriors. Most people don’t realize that that Rockets team is probably like the 3rd best team of the last 10 years?

2 Likes

The WCF that year was the championship round.

As for Luka, he is a stone cold killer. He looks for contact but he also tries to make nearly every shot he takes (as opposed to flailing to draw a foul).

The constant bitching is annoying but make no mistake: he is a basketball savant.

1 Like

I thought that about the Wolves-Nuggets series, what do I know?

Chris Paul’s hamstring is way, way up the list of injuries that determined a championship. Also the list of injuries that swung multiple franchises’ futures.

2 Likes

That began Harden’s descent into basketball madness.

His legacy could have been champion. Instead it’s choker/quitter.

He’s a HOFer. But his plaque should start with “3* teams chose to trade him away rather than deal with him further.”

(* - maybe 4, soon)

1 Like

At the risk of outing myself as a Harden defender, it’s really only been the 6ers that have moved on from Harden.

OKC traded him because the owners were cheap and short sighted

Houston traded him because he said to

Brooklyn traded him because he said to

Philly traded him because he said to, after they refused to sign him long term

If he leaves the Clippers this summer, it will be the second time a team made the call, not Harden himself

Kobe told the Lakers to trade him. They held their ground.
Hakeem told the Rockets to trade him. They held their ground.

I get that it’s a different era, but if you’re really all that, the team’s not trading you.

(This doesn’t even get into the factor that he glaringly, obviously quit on the Rockets.)

1 Like