Other Sports

This is weird.

Totally bizarre.

1 Like

It’s sad that a person lost their life. Cops are drama addicts.

1 Like

This is one of those where I can see both sides:

• The cops were dealing with a fatality accident, and Scheffler decided that his tourney was more important, which is some arrogant bullshit right there.

• Scheffler was probably didn’t know what the cops were dealing with but, instead of cutting him some slack, they decided to cuff and arrest him, which is some arrogant bullshit right there.

2 Likes

The officer who arrested him had “attached himself to the side of the car” and Scheffler still didn’t stop. I can see the officer being pissed.

2 Likes

The police often have notoriously poor communication skills. They hate to have their actions or authority questioned.They often refuse to explain a situation when questioned . “Why?l “Because I’m an officer of the law and I said so, that’s why.”

That is something Scheffler should be aware of now, and hopefully will change his priorities regarding his professional golfer’s sense of privilege.

That happens, and there are probably cases where it is simple arrogance – the same as with umpires. Unlike umpires, though, police are often dealing with serious and complex situations. It is unreasonable to expect them to calmly explain the rationale for all their various actions, essentially having to justify those actions to any random passerby who demands it. It might be arrogance in any situation, but it might also be a case of “too busy dealing with the real problem to satisfy your curiosity.”

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about this site, and the situation was serious and I’m glad the officer was not seriously injured.

But as Dave Letterman proved, pants are funny:

Matt Duchene scores in the second overtime to give the game to the Stars 2-1 and the series 4-2

Shaping up for an interesting Quali at Imola.

That was quite the game.

The Stars had a goal waved off in the first OT for goalie interference.

It was … questionable at best.

The Avs had some titillating chances on the OTs despite being exhausted and outplayed.

Ottenger and the defense were outstanding.

1 Like

I just read this article. I’m going to need a moment to compose myself.

https://archive.is/2024.05.17-201508/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/show-ambition-crystal-palace-keep-eberechi-eze-and-michael-olise-3rh2dxf88

Someone finally gets it.

For all the hype, Verstappen took pole anyway. But, the race could be fascinating. He shouldn’t be able to drive away from the pack and, if the McLarens can hold him within DRS range, then pit stop strategy will be key.

The looooong pit lane Imola means that one stop will be Plan A, but two stops is an aggressive option for a team with two sets of softs available. It should also make the undercut pretty powerful.

Then there are wildcards like a safety car giving teams “free” pit stops or the competitive pace of Tsunoda and Hulkenberg.

Here’s hoping the McLarens can bum rush Verstappen off the line and then we could see a really exciting race.

Well, that didn’t take long. Man City already scored

And again. That’s about that. City will win the league again.

West Ham get a goal back

Kudos to Kudus. That was quite the finish.

Meanwhile, Palace currently sitting in 10th, above Brighton on goal difference. Mateta with a brace; got to be in the France squad for the Euros now.

Was a great goal

City back up 2