Opening Day OWA Event

I’ll be stunned if we’re watching baseball at Minute Maid on the 26th.

It looks as if they are going to credit my credit card back the amount of the tickets purchased with the option to buy again if and when rescheduled. As soon as that goes through I’ll start the process of refunding the money back to each individual that has paid. Then we will go from there. Paypal is the winner.

Thanks Sphinx. Someday.

I never had the tickets purchase amount credited to my credit card account. So, I checked with the ticket office. They advised me that the money is credited to my Astros ticket account and is available for future purchases. Who knows if the same seats will be available or if the prices will be the same when the season resumes, if it ever does. If anyone is unwilling to wait or needs the money they have spent for their tickets, PM me and I will take care of you. Otherwise we’ll wait and hold.

I bought one of the five game ticket packages and it appears they are treating it as a “credit” rather than giving me a refund.

Of course, a lawsuit has been filed!

It’s ridiculous that they are treating this as just a bunch of rainouts.

The league has advised teams to list unplayed games as postponed rather than canceled and said it hopes to play as many games as possible. In turn, teams generally have advised fans to retain tickets and await a rescheduled date.

Assholes trying to get 0% interest loans from cash-strapped fans.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head.

I’m good.

Ridiculous response from the Astros. I want a refund, but not at your expense, Marty.

Marty, I don’t want to see any money until you do.

This is my sentiment.

Are all MLB teams handling it this way or just the Astros?

It’s all teams. MLB set the policy, it’s not the Astros. Multiple lawsuits have been filed.

The refunded my Extra Innings package, so I guess that’s treated differently.

It’s nice to have the hope of opening day out there somewhere.

MLB just reversed its policy. Refund to Marty should happen.

Here are some details:

1. Each team can set own policy.
  2. Teams can announce their policy starting on wednesday
  3. Teams can offer “credit” for future purchases (unclear if that can be an option or the only option)
  4. This applies only for games that have been cancelled. Nothing about season ticket packages or tickets purchased for individual games later in the season. Of course, any games that will be played will be played in an empty arena, so this is just cash hoarding.

I just got an email from the Astros explaining their policy. The policies applies only to games that were scheduled in March/April/May, which means we’ll all be doing this again in July.

They are pushing a credit for the value of the cancelled tickets for any games in 2020 or toward 2021 ticket purchases. That’s the default.

There’s a refund option but in order to get it you must “discuss this option with your” ticket representative who will be reaching out in the next few days. Refund requests must be made by close of business on May 22 and refunds will be processed on May 29.

This is relevant to season ticket holders? I have only 2 OD tix and want a refund but only if Marty gets his money first.

Season ticket holders, mini/partial-package holders, and I also think group purchases which is why it applies to the OWA opening day event.

For individual games they get refunded after the date of the game passes without play.