Mini Hot Stove

First, the Braves have Dansby Swanson and he was pretty dang good last year. Second, what in the world is Oakland doing? Third, I was absolutely pumped last night reading that Crane had personally engaged. That a deal wasn’t done today does not thrill me in the least. I thought Jim would get it done. In truth, the Mariners and A’s and Ft Worth team are all significantly better going into this year (no one added a more important piece than Mike Trout). I think our window is very much open to win again - but not without Correa. And it has been way too much fun these past 5 years winning to go back to the morass of mediocrity. The worst part of the CC deal not moving forward is that I suspect it hurts our ability to move forward on other fronts - specifically a proven left handed pitcher in the pen. Fourth, I have exceeded my word limit. Good night.

2 Likes

I’m fond of Fort Worth. Let’s refer to it as the Arlington team.

2 Likes

I basically live in Fort Worth and yes let’s try not to associate the best of the big 3 dfw cities with that dumpster fire

Yet you don’t like Galveston?

I’m fond of both Ft Worthless and Galvatraz.

1 Like

I was being a bit dramatic. I kept a boat in Galveston for years, and went almost every weekend.

Here’s what I like about Galveston:

Buying seafood at the 21st st pier.
Lafitte’s Cove bird sanctuary.
A good day on West Bay.
Taking a tiny boat by the monstrous cruise liners.
Winter when nobody’s there.

Here’s what I don’t like:

most of the restaurants.
The development.
Summer days on the seawall.
The ugly water for sigh-fishing.

ETA: And Fort Worth has three of the finest art museums in the state, with at least one world-class museum. It’s got the Japanese garden and a fine park. Plus I grew up west of Fort Worth, so it was always the big city. It’s got good barbecue and some good restaurants. Give me Fort Worth any day.

It sounds like it.

Matt Olson and the Braves agree to an 8 yr $168mil contract with $20 option for year #9.

What is it with Atlanta getting club friendly deals done?

The players speak frequently about how much they like the environment there. I’d not be surprised if that was, in part, one of the reasons they over performed their way to a WS title last year.

1 Like

Might have something to do with Olson born in ATL and played High School ball in ATL.

Or just thrilled to get the fuck out of Oakland.

4 Likes

That’s a bingo!

I’ll sign anything, just get me outta here!

Jairo Solis was DFA’d to make room for Goodrum on the 40-man roster. 29th ranked Astros prospect on BA’s recently released list. Won’t be too surprising to see him claimed even if he is coming off his second TJS. The alternative would have been to move Solis to the 60-day DL.

Braves signed McHugh

Rizzo back to NYY. He does not care the Yanks wanted Freeman.

1 Like

Oakland continues its teardown, trading Matt Chapman to Toronto.

Cubs sign slugging Japanese OF Seiya Suzuki.

I was just about to post here wondering if we could be in on Suzuki. Oh well. The Cubs are doing some interesting stuff–I think they think the Central is winnable. Cest la vie to Rizzo and Baez and Bryant and now picking up Simmons and Madrigal and Stroman and Suzuki.

Oh Fuck the Cubs.

(Nothing personal, knox, I just saw “Cubs” and felt the urge. Spring must be near!)

2 Likes