Mini Hot Stove

The addition of goodrum might Allie Peña to start the year in AAA with Diaz starting at SS in the early going.

I have a much better idea. How about Jim Crane sign the best position player on the Astros roster last season who also happens to play SS? His name is Carlos Correa. If they can’t, then, sure this is a possibility.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize Goodrum has options remaining. That improves this deal in my mind.

It basically improves the position player to pitcher ratio on the 40 man roster and adds 1.4 mil to the payroll.

So looking at Goodrums stats. He is terrible against right handers but great against lefties.
RHP 201/278/375
LHP 310/374/456

Keep him away from righties and he should produce

1 Like

All applicable grains of salt noted, Peña killed RHP and sucked against LHP in Sugar Land.

The A’s get worse:

1 Like

Wow

I just KNEW the Braves would wait until Freeman was definitely gone.

I guess he’s definitely gone.

Rooting for Jake, even if it’s the Rangers.

1 Like

Well Oakland just gave Texas a boost out of the AL West cellar

FWIW, Rosenthal said this doesn’t mean the Cubs are out on Correa:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1502421455795113986

Mariners are SERIOUS.

The Reds are not.

2 Likes

They are serious about shedding payroll

Embarrassing. They won 83 games last year. That’s when you build, not when you tear down.

I worry that Olson to ATL might provide the Braves with enough flexibility to consider Correa?

I could be wrong, but I think there is a better chance of Correa playing in Japan than Atlanta. Current Braves ownership has never given out the kind of contract Correa is looking for. If they did, Freeman would still be there and he wasn’t looking for a deal anywhere near what Correa is looking for.

Suitors for Correa are running out. A one year deal back to Houston is certainly a possibility.

1 Like

I hope you are right.