Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

Congratulations, but aren’t you married?

2 Likes

Ahem, please everyone welcome to the league my cousin Troy and his co-owner son, Trent, both dyed-in-the-wool Astros fans.

In other news: @duman and I have agreed to a trade: Nola, Adolis Garcia and Rodon for both Ohtanis.

3 Likes

Welcome both Troy and OK_Boomer! Glad we will be able to stay at 14 teams!

2 Likes

I just messaged everyone other than Troy the details about our upcoming draft being a traditional format and what that entails.

I also included the item we are voting on before the draft (points allotted to wins for pitchers) along with two options (keeping wins at their current value of 10 or splitting the 10 points to 5 for a win and an extra 5 for a quality start). Please make sure to vote when you have a chance.

Welcome Troy*

I confirm the trade agreement.

*Withholding any Trojan Horse comments unless Devin wins the league this year due to a trade with Troy.

1 Like

I have manually updated both your and Devin’s rosters to reflect the trade. I had to cut someone (Ryan Jeffers) to add the third player, but figured that was no big deal.

1 Like

When is the draft and how is it conducted, please?

We have not set the official draft date nor the keeper deadline, which will be a few days before the draft.

Our draft is a one-night draft conducted online through Yahoo.

Once myself, @Ron_Brand and @BillyD set the keeper deadline and draft date, we will announce it here.

After a league vote, beginning with the 2025 season, wins for pitchers will be worth five points, and quality starts will be added as a new category worth five additional points for starting pitchers.

3 Likes

Given the fact that this rule passed unanimously, and we haven’t set keepers yet, can we talk about enforcing it this year?

No. The rule change will take effect beginning in the 2025 season.

Roger that. No harm in trying!

Everyone:

Our draft will be Sunday, March 24 starting at 6:30 PM central time (7:30 EST). Our keeper deadline will be Tuesday, March 19.

Please post your five keepers here and also select them on Yahoo before March 19.

2 Likes

My five keepers are:

Jose Altuve
Bryce Harper
Nico Hoerner
Luis Arraez
Christian Yelich

Dome Foam’s keepers are:

Ronald Acuña
Julio Rodríguez
Matt Olson
Michael Harris
Gunnar Henderson

Rex Bagelman, unchanged from last year:

Corbin Burnes
Rafael Devers
Aaron Judge
Juan Soto
Trea Turner

Losing is a disease (formerly Castellanos Drives One)

Keepers:
Zack Wheeler
Kevin Gausman
Adolis Garcia
Aaron Nola
Cody Bellinger

Gold Rush keepers

Tatis
De La Cruz
Machado
Goldschmidt
Gallen

Also, to be clear, you can adjust the keepers you have already posted here between now and March 19 if you were to make a trade and they change.

1 Like

RKFC keepers:

The Ohtanis
Mookie Betts
Jose Ramirez
Francisco Lindor
George Kirby