Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

And down goes Fried. Grrr.

So something really dumb about yahoo, maybe its a wider fantasy baseball issue, idk. Brandon Lowe is not playing today due to an injury. I have 2 second basemen on my bench, Ha Seong Kim and David Hensley both play second base for their teams. Neither one are eligible to play second base in fantasy yet. With Kim I almost get it, he didnā€™t play second at all last year, but he played over 20 games at second in 21, itā€™s also been well know that he would be playing second this year for 5 months. David Hensley is listed only as ā€œutilityā€ come on, other guys have a position when they come up

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that utility tag also. It seems like new thing and it is flawed. Hopefully, that will be corrected soon.

1 Like

Same thing with Yainer not being eligible at catcher yet. Is it maybe that since he and Hensley got MLB at-bats last year, Yahoo is only looking at those games instead of their MiLB history?

Kim is just kind of a hard luck outcome on their formula, which only looks back one season. But thankfully Yahooā€™s standard 5-game eligibility requirement is more forgiving than other systems.

They have to have okayed so many games at the MLB level last year to qualify this year.

Now, as they play games (at f they play enough) they will gain eligibility at more positions. I think it is 5 games started or 10 games as a part timer to get a eligibility at said position. There is a tab that tracks this.

This is a fantasy baseball provider issue. If Yahoo didnā€™t give Kim nor Hensley 2B eligibility in the offseason, it usually takes 10 games played at the position for them to earn it during the season.

Same thing with Yainer Diaz. If Yahoo didnā€™t give him catcher eligibility this offseason, he has to play a certain number of games this season for them to add it.

Players with a utility tag are viewed by the fantasy provider as DH only.

Thus, the flaw with that system.

Yes, the system is flawed. But, Yahoo (or any fantasy provider) controls eligibility for players, so we have to make due with their system.

Just to be clear, Iā€™m not bitching about the league or that thresholds need to be reached for eligibility. Just bitching in general about the situation I find myself in.

It is super dumb that Yahoo only uses last season for eligibility, though. Ha-Seong Kim played 20+ games at 2B in 21 and probably would have again if not for Fernando Tatisā€™ injury/suspension. Itā€™s not like it was 5 years ago.

Iā€™ve got the same situation with Hall(Utl) Vargas(1B) and Brown(RP). Yahoo eligibility is odd sometimes. I really need Vargas to get 2B eligibility, and thinking itā€™s coming this week. The desktop version has a tab that tracks how many games a player needs at a position to gain eligibility. Hunter Brown is going to take weeks, at a start per week, to gain SP/RP eligibility.

All of the leagues Iā€™ve looked at have their quirks. There was a time when Yahoo admitted player eligibilities based on what their expected positions were to be but recently theyā€™ve tightened that up quite a bit. I think Yahoo is the most liberal league in granting eligibility though, with 3 starts to be a starter, or 5 relief appearances to qualify as a reliever, and 5 starts or 10 total appearances in a position.

1 Like

Absolutely. Just checked my ESPN leagueā€”Brown and Yainer have SP and C eligibility, while Hensley and Hall are DH-only, Vargas is 1B-only, and Kim doesnā€™t have 2B eligibility. So, a couple of better results, but still the same issues for a lot of players and the added problem the itā€™ll take them longer to qualify. Just one of the many reasons I prefer Yahoo.

The Brown thing is strange to me. Was he even used as a reliever in the regular season last year?

Iā€™m pretty sure his first couple of appearances were in relief.

Actually he started his first 2 then had 5 relief appearances to finish the season

For years I played a league at CBSSPORTS.COM ( was CBSSPORTSLINE.COM)

We had our own eligibility rules and the site let us enter them.

FTR it was:

Position players get DH + any position they played 20 games the previous year. Or just position played the most if less than 20.

Then additional eligibility once 5 games played in a season.

RP/SP it was 20%+ gives multiple eligibility.

Yahoo doesnā€™t give commissioners this level of control.

Prefaceā€¦ not complaining about the league and do not expect the league to do anything about this but just venting. Time for another mini rant

Another reason to hate the extra inning runnerā€¦ today Gregory Soto got a loss because the guy that he struck out to end the 9th scored in the 10th AFTER Soto struck out the only batter he faced in the 10th. Kimbrel comes in and immediately gives up a single to score the run, the Phillies didnā€™t score in the bottom of the inning so the game ends. Can somebody explain to me why the fuck Soto gets the loss and not Kimbrel?

Surely if Soto had not started the 10th then Kimbrel would have gotten the loss but that logic should continue if Soto had nothing to do with the runner being on second.

2 Likes

I agree with your logic for sure. Call Manfred. Iā€™m sure heā€™s responsible for how thatā€™s scored.

Iā€™m not at all sure that Manfred knows how to score a game.

4 Likes