Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

I have nothing to do with the league, but in the spirit of the ridiculousness of the Manfred Man, it’s always appropriate to remind people that it’s now possible for a pitcher to throw a perfect game while giving up a run and taking a loss.

3 Likes

I agree with you @Doyce7. Trying to understand Rob Manfred’s “rules” would be a waste of time and leave everyone frustrated.

Explaining the finer points of the game to Manfred is like explaining nuclear fission to your dog. He won’t really get it and will just look at you and lick his balls.

4 Likes

But your dog isn’t in charge of that process.

Filed under Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing: yesterday in Randy Knorr Fan Club news, Tyler Anderson, Jose Quijada and Scott Barlow combined during the Anaheim at KC game for 7 innings of 9-hit, ten run baseball with a loss and a save. Net gain of zero (0) points. Stay neutral, homies!

4 Likes

Fuck! I was watching the Pirates highlights and chortling as they pummel the Dodgers. And then I realized it was my guy on the bump for the Dodgers. That’s a pretty good example of bittersweet.

1 Like

Funny. I’m always torn on starting players against my SPs.

1 Like

I was in Cuba for 9 days without internet. My team advanced two places in the standings. I came home and started checking things and they slid back to last.

I’m going back to Cuba.

1 Like

Your wife and i had fun while you were there. Shepherd school Symphony for the win.

1 Like

Between now and the last day of the regular season, please use this thread to make suggestions for improving the league that the group can discuss. If a majority of owners (at least 7) seem interested in the concept, it can be brought to a vote in the offseason. If a vote passes, the change would be implemented for the 2025 season.

Also, based on our offseason vote in March, our draft this upcoming offseason and moving forward will be traditional (worst teams by points get the best picks in each round; best teams by points get the worst picks in each round). The group voted against trading draft picks, so we will not take a vote on that again this soon.

1 Like

To clarify, snake draft is gone?

By the way…Wilddogs are back in a big way this year! You go Dale. Trying to track you down but every time I get close you push me back down!

1 Like

Yes. The league voted to move to a traditional draft format (like MLB and other professional leagues) starting with the 2024 draft. The team finishing last will have the first pick in every round, and the team finishing first will have the last pick in every round.

Can we have about 20 IL spots? I’ll fill ‘em up.

1 Like

Shit, I thought I had it bad. Your roster is a massacre.

And that’s after jettisoning Rendon and Urshela.

Seconded

Aaaarggh. Marlins 9th inning relief performance is going to cost me points from Luzardo’s first good outing in a while.

I have lost three starting pitchers for the season. So that freed up 3 IL spots for me.

Thanks for initiating this, Commish!

• I would love to see us vote on Moriarty’s Quality Starts idea, in which we’d get rid of wins and losses and count Quality Starts for 7 points or so. This would bring the game in closer alignment with how MLB values pitchers and make our game I think much more fun and interesting and less chaotic.

• Also to bump up the value of holds, which after all are just saves that happen before the end of the game, to 3 or 4 points instead of 1.

• Now that we’ve ditched the snake draft, I have renewed enthusiasm for upping keeper limits to, say, 8.

• Finally, I don’t see why we can’t adapt proposals in the offseason for the subsequent season. We are going to be considering changes now that wouldn’t take effect until 2025, which seems unnecessarily contrary to how baseball does it, where the rules committee meets every year to make recommendations for the following season.

Are there six more team owners in favor of any of these ideas?

I’ll hang up and listen.